Tonight for dinner I made...

Options

Replies

• amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I made this:

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/chicken_piccata_with_pasta_mushrooms.html

It was okay - I actually put less salt when making it but then ended up salting my chicken. It tasted bland but I am getting over a cold and am still stuffy. I also used less flour and butter than it says. I was going for an imitation of Johnny Carinos angel hair with artichokes (forgot to add some artichokes though!) and it was not as good - but probably healthier!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    one of my favorites and really easy and rich tasting...

salted egg noodles with a wee bit of real butter and shredded chicken breast meat ... so good!
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    tonight i made shepherd's pie with ground turkey (and frozen green beans from last summer's harvest!) --- wrote down my ingredients as i went along (yes i measure and weight EVERYTHING lol) --- 197 cals / serving

plus i made lunch and/or dinner for tomorrow: Grilled Chicken with Cranberries Salad --- 225 cals/ serving
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    ...easy skillet lasagna and steamed cauliflower - it was good!
  • btrflyflutter
    btrflyflutter Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I had Salmon. Only half though. This is the first time I had it and I'm not a fan. Can't say I will make that again. I also had asparagus and pasta with sauce and meat.

I LOVE Salmon!! I am having it tonight as well!!! It's my life saver!
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    vegan fettucine chik n broccoli alfredo. lots of protein and veggies and low in calories. yummy.

recipe?? please!
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I made two packages of strawberries and cream oatmeal and Jimmy Dean D-Light Egg, Cheese, Potato, and Sausage bowl. Haha. Breakfast for dinner! I didn't feel like making anything, so just popped some stuff in the microwave. :) Lawls.
    I was thinking about the strawberry oatmeal for a snack later but I am full from a late dinner of chicken salad salad. Chicken salad on lettuce extra veg,, tiny bit of dressing, yum!
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i had a lean cuisine because i am at work and between running to the tattoo shop and the book store for textbooks, on opposite sides of the city, i had no time to cook something this morning. Tomorrow.
  • alysss715
    alysss715 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Homemade lentil soup with fresh herbs and vegetables, and a frittata with cheese, herbs, and bits of leftover smoked ham! Absolutely delicious.
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Salad with lettuce, red cabbage, veggies, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and Vidalia Onion dressing.
    Yummy and low cal!
    But I ended it with a big homemade chocolate chip cookie...oh well.
  • yardleyluv
    Options
    Skinless chicken breast with a Moroccan spice rub, brown rice, and tomato with a sprinkle of good balsamic
  • melnem
    melnem Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    sliced turkey and cheese on whole wheat pita and fiber one cottage cheese. Better than the Chicken patty sandwiches the kids ate! lol!
  • YayMe17
    YayMe17 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    All these dinners sound great. Lots of good recipes. Thanks.
    Dinner here was stew. More like a beef & veggie soup. But my fam calls it stew. :)
    Fresh french bread. Delicious.
  • labecker88
    labecker88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yummy vegetarian tacos! 3 low-carb tortillas stuffed with 1/2 cup fat-free refried black beans, 1/4 cup reduced-fat cheese, onions, lettuce, tomato, hot sauce and a tiny bit of light sour cream. Very filling and good. My favorite part is the hot sauce :)
  • amyyellis
    Options
    I'm sick and the hubby is out, so I had Healthy Choice soup - Country Vegetable. Its really yummy!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    We had panini's made on our George Forman grill. All items bought from Trader Joes, whole wheat sourdough bread, Columbus chicken breast and fontina cheese. Wish I added a little butter or something to the bread, but it was tasty! Had a little salad on the side with Trader Joe's fat free balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Yummmy.....
  • cherbear7
    Options
    Baked Chicken
    Steamed brocoli
    Big arugula/spinch salad sprinkled with liquid amino

mmmm and there is leftover chicken for tomorrow =)
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken seasoned with s&p and garlic, with beans and pasta salad.
  • Angiekr
    Options
    I love salmon. try adding a little bit of olive oil on top, then sprinkle greek seasoning on it before baking or grilling. Serve with wild rice and sauteed spinach with garlic. It is very good!
  • shaweetie
    shaweetie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Made some Southwest Chicken Salad. SO yummy!!!!!
    Lettuce, red pepper, corn, black beans, avocado, chicken marinated in a chipotle marinade.
    Dressing--1 Tbsp light mayo, 1 Tbsp Mrs Dash Chipotle, lime juice.