How often should I switch up m routine?

Options
hi I an shawna I have lost 57lbs so far my routine is yoga twice swimming laps twice and walking in the treadmill I am wanting to do rumba after I lose a total of 100 pounds. I have heard if you do the same thing too much you will platue on your weight loss I have been doing this routine for about two weeks when should I change it up?

Replies

• jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I switch it up every few days,but am going to
    Try p90x.we shall see:bigsmile:
  • Graceannelizabeth
    Graceannelizabeth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    57lbs. That is great! I am not close to start exercising yet. How did you do it?
  • mhayes13
    mhayes13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    First 57 lbs is outstanding, great job. The way I understanding, and I am not expert, that you will and flatten out is that you can either pick up the intensity (swim/walk faster, etc) or change what you are doing - switch to step or some other type of areobic workout.
  • oneof9
    oneof9 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You are doing great with a wide vary of exercises. You might want to work out your arms a little. Once you seem to feel that you are getting used to an exercise. then change it all together or do more time at a faster pace such as the treadmill.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Great job on losing 57 pounds! If you do the same thing, after a while you won't see any difference. That's what happened to me after doing the Firm workouts for a couple of years. I think you are supposed to change your workout within the week to include the following- cardio, strength/resistance training, and flexibility. You sound as if you are doing all of these so maybe alternate the rumba with the walking or swimming. Good luck!
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    hi I an shawna I have lost 57lbs so far my routine is yoga twice swimming laps twice and walking in the treadmill I am wanting to do rumba after I lose a total of 100 pounds. I have heard if you do the same thing too much you will platue on your weight loss I have been doing this routine for about two weeks when should I change it up?

I wouldn't go longer than about 8 weeks without making some kind of change, but generally speaking I say keep doing what you're doing until it isn't working anymore. Then try something else.