When do you log your food?

Options

Replies

• CarolHudson11
    Options
    I always log my food right before I eat it. I started doing that because the first day I ate my usual foods and it was a HUGE eye-opener about how many calories (not to mention carbs, sugar and fat!) I was putting in my mouth. And I wasn't good with measurements at all - so I would put my food in, adjust the measurements if needed, and then go eat it. That was I wasn't surprised. But, I think whatever way works for you is the best way. :)
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am trying to log as I go (using laptop, work computer and app). But, worst case if I get behind I log before dinner so I am certain I don't go over!!! hth!
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have been using the phone app and log it after I eat it, but I sometimes enter foods and exercise early - then I know if I need to eat more or less, depending on my exercise for the day.
  • pamelasaulters
    Options
    I put my menus in for the week on the weekend. That way, I'm planning ahead, know what I need to prepare, and shop for!
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I log my food while I'm eating or immediately after. Its easy to "forget" what I ate if I wait too long afterwards.
  • har114
    har114 Posts: 10
    Options
    I log it the day before, so I know what to eat next day
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I log everything right before I eat it to make sure it's not too many calories.
  • brandygburke
    brandygburke Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I log right before I eat - that way if I finish eating and I'm tempted to engorge in something yummy, I can easily tell myself "No Brandy, you've already spent what you had for lunch" -- then at night I final it, because I'm never sure if I may want a late night snack (which so far, I haven't) but its nice to not feel deprived!
  • shadiel
    shadiel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I log as I eat!!
  • Pattilynne
    Options
    i log as i eat, and since i have the android app, it makes it a lot easier, especially when it comes to looking a lot of things up, i just scan the barcode if it is something that has one. i don't close out till the very end of the day, since i am still running around the house late at night trying to get stuff done, as anyone with kids knows, a lot of the time nothing gets done until they are asleep
  • PcolaKB
    Options
    I usually log at the end of the day but I was thinking if I did it the night or morning before I would have something to comply with. Funny how most people say they can't eat right because they are so busy.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I bring my breakfast and lunch to work so I log them first thing in the morning, as I know exactly what I'll be eating for the day. I usually log again before I eat supper but after I've prepared or planned the meal so I know how many calories I have left to work with. If I have an extra snack through the day I try to log immediately so I know what the impact on my intake is.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I usually plan several days ahead so I already have tomorrow and the day after that pretty much logged.

Makes it easier to keep it balanced.
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    i log through out the day via phone or web. find its better to do it through out the day than trying to remember it all at once.
  • steviep2
    Options
    I have the phone app and log right after i eat.
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I log right before or right after I eat. I like having the flexibility to eat what I want (within reason of course). Also, then I'm able to see instantly how many calories i need to burn at the gym. And i feel like it keeps me more accountable for my eating. I think that if I waited till the end of the day I might find that I over ate and if I planned out the entire day or week I might not like the pressure of having to eat what I planned. What can I say, I need the flexiblitiy. :)
  • bowserette
    bowserette Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have the phone app, so I usually log around the time I eat. Sometimes I log before if it's something planned (like going to Quizno's yesterday -- I checked out the menu online and decided what I wanted, then logged that), but that rarely happens. Because I have it on my phone, I can check throughout the day to see how many calories I have left. So if I'm out at a restaurant, I can pull out my phone and that will help me decide what my choices are. I'm a college student, so flexibility is nice. :)
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    before i start the day :)
  • julzmamabear
    Options
    With having 5 kids at home, I have to plan out my daily meals the night before, so I log them in the the morning..I pack my breakfast, snack and lunch for work, so I already know what I'm having and log it in when I get to work and I normally have a good idea of what I'm going to cook for dinner so I log that one in by the time I'm leaving work. My homelife is crazy busy, so I can't find much time to log what I eat. My snacks for the night I set them out in the morning, so I know what I have to look forward to after dinner. I like have a set schedule of what I'm going to eat for the day..it helps keep me on track!!
  • lauralonglocks
    Options
    I do it before I eat each meal, usually as I'm deciding/preparing my meals. Helps me know how much or how little I can have, and if I can add any treats in (like light mayo etc) depending on how well I've eaten the rest of the day..!

I've never eaten over my calories!