Having trouble noticing the loss

Options
Hi guys,
At the start of my weight loss I weighed 74kg. I'm 5'9 (i unfortunately have no 'before' pictures - i hated full body shots haha). I now weigh 64, aiming for 62. People have commented on the weight loss, and I know that clothes are a lot looser, but i'm having trouble seeing any difference at all. To me im still the same and still think I look big in pictures and when i try clothes on etc. I know that 10kg is a big loss, especially when you werent super big to begin with. But yeah im just not noticing it.
I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem? And if maybe its in my head?
Just not sure. I can't really talk to those around me because i get the standard "oh youre being stupid" comments.

Replies

• jpmajors
    Options
    Are you doing any resistance training? Weights? If not start, as your muscle begin to tone and you get more and more definition and you add muscle you will see drastic results and your body will burn calories more efficiently Congratulations on the weight loss.
  • lace0211
    lace0211 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I lost 16 lbs. and haven't felt or looked skinny in anyway. I still have alot to get rid of. I hope you see how beautiful and skinny you are one day!
  • smashpants22
    smashpants22 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    All im doing is cardio, burning about 370 calories on the treadmill with incline.
    I have no idea what to do with weights haha. And whats resistance training? I'll try anything :)
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    well, clearly you've lost inches and pounds so maybe your head is catching up with your weight loss. Sometimes it takes awhile to recognize our achievements and become comfortable with how we look after a significant weight loss. that's what I think. Good job and just give yourself time to appreciate all you've done.