Huge disappointment

Options
I had a doctors appointment today to discuss my sleep issues. I knew I would have to hop on the scale, and was pretty optimistic about doing so. I was SHOCKED to say the least about the numbers staring back at me. Last week on the gym's scale, I weighed 188! That was a great treat. Today, the scale read 199 :((( So I know that one of the scales are way off. I came home from dr. and weighed in on my scale, it read 196. So I guess I haven't been as successful as I had thought. So my next step is to ask all of you what you do to see great results. I obide by my calorie guideline and eat plenty fruits and vegetables. I also exercise for an hour every day. What can I try to get this fat off?!?!?!

Replies

• molina76853
    Options
    Don't focus to much on that disappointment. Dr's scale always seem to calculate weight heavier. Focus on how you feel. Do you feel better? More energy? sleeping better? More confident?
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Remember that ANY loss is an accomplishment! I have a tough time at this myself.
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    I'm almost always 3-6 pounds heavier at the doctor...could be the water weight, the food you have had during the day, etc!! Dont get too dissapointed ( i know, i know, easier said then done, i'll prob. be back here friday when i weigh in, haha)
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    take your measurements too...you would be amazed at the inches you can lose without the weight reflecting it :)
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    I agree that doctors offices are usually at least 3 to 5 lbs more than my at home scale!!! I have been drinking alot of water and it has really helped me start losing again! I read everywhere on here that alot of people got stuck in a rut and couldn't lose anything then they started drinking alot of water and they started to lose again! It seems to help. That and watch the sodium intake!! Hope this helps...
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    look at your diary and see where your calories are coming from? Are you getting a lot of sugar? Too many dense carbs? too much processed foods? Maybe you can start swapping things around. Add healthier protein? Just some ideas.
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement. I will definitely take your advice. Im sure the scale at my gym is the one that is way off. Its really old and I don't know if its maintenanced regularly! So seriously, thank you all and good luck with your journeys to a new lifestyle!
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Worth noting, all scales read differently. If you started weighing yourself at the gym and got your SW number there, then whatever the gym scale says is "correct" for your losses. If you're 10# heavier at the doctor's office, your starting weight would have been 10# heavier there, too.

Either way, you're losing, and that's a great start! ^_^
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Worth noting, all scales read differently. If you started weighing yourself at the gym and got your SW number there, then whatever the gym scale says is "correct" for your losses. If you're 10# heavier at the doctor's office, your starting weight would have been 10# heavier there, too.

Either way, you're losing, and that's a great start! ^_^

Ditto. Regardless of what scale is off, wherever your SW came from is what you should follow as far as tracking weight loss. You could probably find 5 different scales and each would give you a different number. Just follow the one you started with. Stay strong!