High Cal low fat??

Options
I need some high calorie low fat/sugar ideas.. I always have between 600-1000 calories left at the end of the day! I'm adding in my extra 300 for breastfeeding.. And I exercise everyday.. Thus requiring even more calories to eat. I'm losing weight like crazy, but I don't want to end up in starvation mode!! Feel free to look at my diet and tell me what I'm doing wrong!! Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!!

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    You could add powdered milk to your oatmeal while you cook it (we do this for one of my sons), increase your avocado intake, add a small amount of almonds (or other nuts) to your snacks. Other options for adding calorie dense foods: sweet potatoes, boiled or mashed potatoes, flour tortillas, french bread rolls..... and then the "bad" stuff, in moderation. Pretzel rods and popchips?
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    You need to eat breakfast everyday :smile:

You should try to eat your bigger meal earlier in the day, you could also make that your carb heavy one.

Breastfeeding is like super exercise :laughs:

Adding some almonds, pistachios, peanut butter, olive oil (healthy fats) can help too.
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    are you sure you aren't supposed to add 500 calories for breastfeeding? I think you add 350 for pregnancy, 500 for breastfeeding.

the quickest way I can think of to add calories to your diet is with almond butter, but that's not lowfat (low saturated fat though)...hmm...maybe an almond butter sandwich (it's like peanut butter but higher in calcium) and a glass of juice?
  • Teran0612
    Teran0612 Posts: 263
    Options
    I usually do eat breakfast... This morning the hubby took my 7 month old so I could get some sleep, since I had been up half the night.. So I didn't get up until almost 11!! :-)

As far as the calories... You can add 500 calories for the first 6 months, and then it's about 300 calories once they have reached 6 months since they are eating other foods and you don't produce as much milk.. Breast milk has 20 calories per ounce.. Then whatever you wanna decide your body burns to produce the milk! Lol

Thanks for the ideas.. I'm taking notes.. It probably doesn't help that I haven't been grocery shopping since starting my new way of eating!!