New here and loving it!

Options
Hands down best food logging site I've tried! As with most newbies I'm looking for friends if anyone is interested :) I was overweight most of my life, a size 16 for as long as I could remember. My junior year of college I started working out at the campus gym and slowly started learning about calorie counting and better eating. Over the course of 3 years I went from 220 lbs to 147 at my lowest. Leading up to my wedding in '08 and after the honeymoon I found myself back up to 155 where I stayed for a year before getting pregnant. My baby is 8 months old, now, and I've finally decided it's time to make time for myself again! I had worked up to running 4 or 5 miles pre-baby but haven't tried a run since she was born. Right now there's over a foot of snow outside, so I'm saving that for spring! Instead I'm trying to get back into some kind of shape.

I'm embarrassed to admit I weigh only 4 lbs less than the day I delivered. I got up to 199 (it's like the universe knew I couldn't handle 200 again) and over the first 2 weeks post-partum lost 20 lbs not doing anything. I slowly gained back 15 of those lbs, I'm currently 195. I've been putting off watching calories, etc because I am nursing and I am afraid of losing my supply, but I decided starting off slow and then stepping up can't hurt. I hope. It's hard to go from an active, 40 hour a week job and an hour a day at the gym to being home most of the day and not having gym access, but I know it can work! And hopefully my kid will start crawling soon and I can chase her around :)

Replies

• amyogirl
    amyogirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend as I am one that needs motivation to keep going from time to time. Lets do this!!
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is great :)
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have a little one too (well, three actually) but one that is only 5 months old...I know hard it can be to make good eating decisions when stressed and always on the go---and finding time to workout can be challenging too. Hopefully we can cheer each other on!
  • Tmac125
    Tmac125 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm so happy for you taking the time for you! You will lose it again! I'm so glad you joined this site too!