Hello from Michigan!

whythulc
whythulc Posts: 2
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all! I'm Deanna. I live about an hour north of Detroit. I had this app installed on my iPhone before I even thought about using it. My father-in-law recently went into the hospital for three heart attacks and he said "You just have to keep your heart rate up for 20 minutes. Not 20 separate minutes, but all together." and then he said "Just think. You're trading those 20 minutes now for 20 more years of life."

Even if he is off with those statistics, all I could think was that there was no reason why I couldn't keep my heart rate up for twenty minutes a day. No reason.

I've been wanting to lose about ten or fifteen pounds anyway, and then my complex has a fitness room. So that combined with the calorie tracker I have been making my way to a healthier life since the new Year.

I can't wait to lose that extra doughiness and to connect to the great community here!

Replies

• That is a great thing to think about and when you think about it, twenty minutes is nothing! This new year can be the start to a better looking and healthier me. We can do it
This discussion has been closed.