Constant routine?

whythulc
whythulc Posts: 2
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
Is it important with weight loss to keep a consistent workout routine? For instance, I usually do what I can when I work out. If I am feeling good and my body is keeping up with me I'll work out longer and harder than usual, but if I'm hurting and still worn out from a previous work out, I'll still push myself but do a shorter work out.

Are the differing times bad? Does it matter?

Replies

• TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    I think eventually as time goes on you will build strength and endurance. I don't think the differing times are bad as long as you push yourself just a little bit past what you think you can do. If you do this you will constantly be challenging yourself.

The best example that comes to mind is running. When I started out running I never thought I would make it to a mile. I was sore, I ached, I was tired! But everytime I got on the treadmill I would run as far as I thought I could, say half a mile and then push it to another tenth of a mile. The next run I could run .60 and then I'd push it another .10...Before you know it, Bam! At a mile and further!

With my workouts, I do cardio one day and strength training the next that way I don't have the same area worn out all of the time. Even with my cardio I try to mix it up. Run one day, elliptical, swimming...

Just work out as much as you can everytime, and a little bit further. You'll find yourself overcoming boundaries you never thought you would cross!
This discussion has been closed.