I'm new and in need of support!

Options
Hello!

My name is Laura and I am new to 'myfitnesspal' today is my third day. Any tips or hints would be a great help so please add me as a friend! I am determined to lose weight and feel better about myself.

I can give lots of support in return :D

Laura x

Replies

• looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Hello!

My name is Laura and I am new to 'myfitnesspal' today is my third day. Any tips or hints would be a great help so please add me as a friend! I am determined to lose weight and feel better about myself.

I can give lots of support in return :D

Laura x

I've been on here since March last year but only became 'serious' in September and have managed to lose almost 2 stone. I've got a lot more to lose but I'm loving the fact I am losing slowly but surely. Also, I'm more encouraged to exercise (especially when I can eat back my exercise calories!!!!!).

I'm from the NW of England.

I'll send a friend request.
  • lauracary84
    Options
    Thank you! Need all the support that i can get :D
  • giggles724
    giggles724 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura!!!

A great support group has always been key to my success. I've re-joined myfitnesspal after being away for almost 2 years. I got pregnant and fell off the wagon. So this year, I'm dusting myself off and trying again. I lost 30lbs of my 50 lbs goal in 7 months, so I know WE CAN DO IT!!

My tip for the day would be: EXERCISE, EXERCISE, EXERCISE!!! Even if it's just a walk, it makes a huge difference. The more you do it the more your body wants!

I will add you to my friends list.

:)
  • tammyalwan
    Options
    Good morning! I'm new too :happy: I just joined a couple of days ago, I love this web site.... Send me a friend request!
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. Good luck on your journey. You are definitely in the right place for support and motivation. I'll add you x
  • BettyBeth14
    BettyBeth14 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I've been on here since Nov(ish) but seriousy since Jan!! (bad Xmas)

Its good cos you get sooooo much support fomr people, plus you can pick up receipes and food ideas!!! Also its all free :-)

Sent a friend request. x
  • lauracary84
    Options
    Everyone has been so kind :) makes all the differences when you are doing these things.

Also compared to slimming groups it isn't as embarrassing - never used to like sitting there discussing my week in front of people!!
  • kimmyh70
    kimmyh70 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura! I'm new to MFP also, just started last week. This site is great and you'll find a lot of friendly people, we're all here for the same thing!! I'll send a friend request. Good luck with your weight loss journey.
  • lauracary84
    Options
    Thank you Kimmy it is so easy to list food on here and to find them as well.

Just hope the proof will be in the scales when I weigh a week Sunday!