Hardest thing to give up or cut back on....?

Options
12346»

Replies

• 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for bread, cheese, mayo, pretty much everything that you shouldn't have.

Needless to say, I've learned to love mustard this past week. :\

Ha!
    Your post cracked me up... I'm only here at day 2 and I find myself daydreaming of exactly that... bread, cheese and mayo!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    cheese dip

haven't had any in almost a year
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Chocolate & also bread
  • aethorne
    Options
    Fries!
    I cut out fried food just for the plain fact that it's bad for you no matter what.
    I really haven't 'given' up anything. I just try to eat things in moderation or I pick a healthier version: reduced fat or fat free cheese and I stick to proper serving sizes, lite beer or wine only twice a month, bread I can't go without so I make sure it's whole wheat with good grains, whole grain pasta instead of white, ,and for chocolate I'll do a no sugar added hot chocolate mix. You can still enjoy the good stuff, just in moderation :)
  • kimadawest
    Options
    Anything with peanut butter and chocolate chips in it. Specifically, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Sigh...
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    Alcohol as well...I'm leaving extra calories at the end of the day for a glass of wine, but no more than that..Its such a tease :) Oh and sweets :)
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Cookie dough and Beer...Lol not together though
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Coookies cookies cookies sweets in general and caffiene as well completely addicted when it comes in forms of starbucks double shot light. Which seems to be the only thing to get me through my days unless I workout in the mornings and right now thats a bit tough because I love to run but not when it is cold outside!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Fried everything!!! But especially fried chicken. A new fried chicken and fish restaurant opened near me. Used to go there at least twice a week. Haven't been there this year. Also missing extra cream in my coffee.:sad:
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    yeah, wine and cheese - really hard to give up . . . but also coffee with xcream/xsugar ~ really got to cut back on the sugar
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Alcohol....no more social drinking on week nights. Just Saturday nights, even then Steve watches me like a hawk. I wonder who's watching him!?
    Carbs. My fiance is Indian and I'm Asian. Rice and noodles are our staple diet. IT'S SO HARRRDDDDD!!
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and breads of any kind. It is hard but I know it will be worth it.
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Pasta.

Homemade cookies.

Ice cream.

And, when I'm really craving them, potato chips. Especially salt and pepper ridge cuts from Trader Joe's.

I haven't completely given up any of those though. They're just really hard to cut back :(
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hardest thing for me to give up was Soda. Dr. Pepper and Mt. Dew were an everyday thing for me. I haven't had any now for 10 days, and actually, with the plan I am on and what I am eating I havent really noticed. I do crave one no and then, but not until I reach at least my first goal, then I may reward myself with one.
  • angie718
    Options
    1) DR. PEPPER! oh how I miss you
    2) Chocolate
    3) doughnuts/bread/rolls/pasta
    4) beer
    5)McDonalds fries