How do you weigh yourself?

Options
I normally weigh myself before I get in the shower each morning. Today I had a Dr's appointment and I weighed in fully clothed, this added 6lbs to my weight from this morning!!! I was not happy. I am sure our scales could be different too. I am just wondering how everyone else counts their weight, with or without clothes on? In the morning or at night? :embarassed: :sad:
Also, does anyone else suffer from hyperthyroidism too and on medication?

Replies

• melissa1176
    melissa1176 Posts: 14
    Options
    I normally weigh myself before I get in the shower each morning. Today I had a Dr's appointment and I weighed in fully clothed, this added 6lbs to my weight from this morning!!! I was not happy. I am sure our scales could be different too. I am just wondering how everyone else counts their weight, with or without clothes on? In the morning or at night? :embarassed: :sad:
    Also, does anyone else suffer from hyperthyroidism too and on medication?
  • jillholleysmith
    jillholleysmith Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    All scales are a little different. That plus the clothing could easily account for 6 lbs. Don't be hard on yourself. Just go by what you normally do, it is more consistent that way.
  • cheri822
    cheri822 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning after I've gone to the bathroom and naked or with light clothing on.
    I sometimes weigh myself at night with clothing on and it adds like 3-4lbs.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the BUFF... in the MORNING!

As far as I am concerned it is the most accurate! Heehee!

Weigh with a hand weight... like 10lbs or so... then without and subtract. I was told that will tell the accuracy of your scale enough.

Don't worry about those 6 lbs... clothes, shoes, jewelry, pee... those don't count!!! HAHA!!:laugh:

:heart: KB
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I weigh nekkid, first thing in the morning, on the same day, once a week.

Speaking of that, I was down 2 lbs today! :)
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness there are others like me. my weight fluctuates too so I try to do it first thing before dressing ....its more of a mental boost than maybe later on with clothes/at night ......:smile:
    mind you I have to be careful where my scales are ... they can give different readings in different places and they are supposes to be the electronic bizz!!!!! So much for technology ....
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options

Awesome!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options

Whooohoooo! Congratulations!! That is great :)
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

*runs to Sarges house gets binoculars back*
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    YAY TamTastic! That is really tamtastic! lol
  • Caramel Cutie
    Options
    I usually weigh after I get home from work--after the food of the day has settled in my gullet, the swelling hands and feet has taken place, and I've moved around all day. :indifferent: And, I weigh with my bra and panties on--don't want to flash the kids!:laugh: It's not as disappointing, and I usually am within 4-5 pounds of what I weigh with clothes on. And, honey, I've leared not to weigh in with tennis shoes on!!!!:tongue: I've got some size 9M boats, so they add about 2-3 pounds to my weight!!:grumble:
  • TamTastic
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: So you recognize me with my new name??

By the way, going to take a shower now! LOL@ME!
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

*clenches binoculars with a smile a mile wide*
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Naked before shower and after morning rituals :wink:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Naked before shower and after morning rituals :wink:

lmao@rituals!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options

*clenches binoculars with a smile a mile wide*

You're crazy!!! :laugh: