Help, I want my coffee....other options?

Options
2»

Replies

• alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    How about some Chinese or Japanese green tea? They don't usually add anything to it so it's virtually 0 Calories.
    The Japanese sencha can be a bother to brew but I have some chinese stuff with which you just put some leaves to the cup and add hot water. You can get many cups, just by adding more water, too!

By the way. Caffeine and grean tea are metabolism boosters so a cup of coffee in the morning and many cups of green tea during the day can really help weight loss!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    I find that I don't mind skim milk in my coffee if I warm it up and put it in one of those frothers.
    The texture is then so much more similar to that of whole milk...

One of my favorite teas is loose leaf green tea w/ puffed rice and matcha powder. <== the matcha is unroasted green tea and it adds a very slight bitter flavor. It is super yummy w/ the nuttiness from the puffed rice...
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I would say, why compromise on something you love? I still have 2 cups of coffee w/half and half every morning. I'm on maintenance now, but did this while I was losing as well. I use about 2 tablespoons of cream in each cup, and it's only about 80 calories altogether for the morning. In the afternoons sometimes I have a cappachino that includes coffee and 1/2 cup of 2% milk. If worked into your calorie allotment, go for it. I'm sure there are other things you eat throughout the day that you can push aside for something you love. MFP is about making choices and enjoying yourself too, that's how you can stay with it in the long run. Play around with the numbers and measure what you are really using and see how many calories might work within your goal. Maybe you can make it work but just cut back on quantity a little? Good luck!
  • OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love coffee too much to give it up. I trained myself to drink it black. took a couple of weeks to get used to it, now I have a coffee fetish and the cream and sugar actually grosses me out.
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Try adding a small piece of cinnamon stick or a sprinkle of ground cinnamon to the coffee grounds before it brews. Top it off with some fat free half and half, or a lower-fat milk. Also, try frothing some warm milk in your mug (they have those little hand-held/battery-operated milk frothers at Bed Bath and Beyond or other housewares stores) and add your coffee...it makes it creamier!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Try either a pack of sugar free cocoa mix or fat free evaporated milk and splenda. The evaporated milk is close to cream (for me at least) you might try half sugar and half splenda or try brown sugar blend (made by splenda)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I used to drink black tea with cream and sugar but when I started drinking green tea it's just a different flavor and I didn't want it sweet. Now I drink black tea for a treat, it seems so sweet but it was really only a spoonful of creamer and a spoonful of sugar.
  • kimmyh70
    kimmyh70 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the responses and great suggestions! I'm definitely gonna try some of them and see what works best for me! Thanks everyone, hope you have a wonderful day and make it through whatever your "treat" is that you struggle with.

:drinker:
  • kimmyh70
    kimmyh70 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would say, why compromise on something you love? I still have 2 cups of coffee w/half and half every morning. I'm on maintenance now, but did this while I was losing as well. I use about 2 tablespoons of cream in each cup, and it's only about 80 calories altogether for the morning. In the afternoons sometimes I have a cappachino that includes coffee and 1/2 cup of 2% milk. If worked into your calorie allotment, go for it. I'm sure there are other things you eat throughout the day that you can push aside for something you love. MFP is about making choices and enjoying yourself too, that's how you can stay with it in the long run. Play around with the numbers and measure what you are really using and see how many calories might work within your goal. Maybe you can make it work but just cut back on quantity a little? Good luck!

Thanks for your post and you are right, everything's about balance and trying to find a way to make it work. Maybe I can still have my coffee and drink it too!! :happy:
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    i am also a coffee addict. latte's were my vice but now i find them very sickly, I have a coffee, milk and half sugar 1st thing then during the day i have turned to green tea, Its about 1 cal per cup and i find it also helps me to stop feeling hungry.
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm currently drinking too much swiss miss sensible sweets no sugar added hot chocolate. It's 60 calories, and so warm and chocolatey and yummy. I also like chai tea with just a little sugar and skim milk. The spice in it convinces me that I'm drinking something closer to coffee than tea.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Try the coffee mate sugar free flavored creamers. Not sure how many calories, but i think its 20 for 2 tablespoons. They are Delicious!~!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Torani.com has tons of sugar free flavors available, then just add what ever "milk" or cream you like.