Shredded Wheat Baked Chicken

Options
AwMyLoLo
AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
I make this dish all the time and :heart: it!

1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast, split (about 1 lb)
1 cup plain shredded wheat (not frosted!)
2 tbsp coarse stone ground mustard
Seasonings of your choice. I use ground dry mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, ground red pepper, black pepper, a little cumin, and a little crushed red pepper - because I like it spicy!

Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel.
Crush the shredded wheat then add dry seasonings. Add the coarse mustard and mix well with cereal and seasonings.
Press the chicken into the mixture to cover completely.
Place breaded chicken in a glass baking dish, cover with foil, and bake at 400 for about a half hour.

For half of the entire recipe (1 whole piece of chicken breast) using the ingredients I did, it comes out to:

330 calories
53g protein
19g carbs
3g fat
760 mg sodium
3g fiber

I didn't add the dry seasonings into the recipe, and I'm not sure if that adds any calories, and I use Kroger Bite Size Shredded Wheat.

I actually got the idea from the back of the shredded wheat box but that recipe included mayonnaise, honey, and all kinds of other unnecessary crap!

Hope you like it! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sounds delish
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Most of the sodium comes from the chicken in the database. Which I am unsure of because I buy my chicken from a small meat shop. I know that Amick Farms or Tyson chicken can be injected with a "solution", and some brands have higher sodium...

I hate to see that high sodium number!