Inspirational quotes...

noble1987
noble1987 Posts: 132
edited September 23 in Chit-Chat
Know any?

I'll start -

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.”– Hellen Keller

I love this quote, and live by learning from it time and time again.

:flowerforyou: If you know any quotes, sayings or even just something inspirational you would like to share... please do :heart:

Replies

• noble1987
    Heres another...

“You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” - Christopher Columbus
  • I like this one...

"You have to think anyway, so why not think big?" ~~Donald Trump
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    ‎"Don't blame anyone or anything for your situation or problems. When you do that you are saying that you are powerless over your own life - which is utter crap. An empowering step to reclaiming your life is taking responsibility. Although life may deal you some bad hands, evaluating the choices you make in response to those hardships is critical in affecting an outcome that is more favorable to you." ~ Jillian Michaels
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Its not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog!

Its a dog eat dog world and im wearing milk bone underwear. Norm from Cheers

If your looking for the all american gq quarterback type keep looking because I hike him the ball. This is my line polo571 =)
  • noble1987
    ‎"Don't blame anyone or anything for your situation or problems. When you do that you are saying that you are powerless over your own life - which is utter crap. An empowering step to reclaiming your life is taking responsibility. Although life may deal you some bad hands, evaluating the choices you make in response to those hardships is critical in affecting an outcome that is more favorable to you." ~ Jillian Michaels

I like this, and its very true! :drinker:
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    "The grass is greener where it's watered." - Kim Kardashian
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Reach for the moon. Even if you miss it, you'll land among the stars. (motivational speaker Les ? I can't remember his last name).

It's been posted on my computer for 20 years to remind me I'm not perfect but mostly what I accomplish is probably good. :happy:
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
    Willing is not enough; we must do.
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    This is your world. Shape it or someone else will.(Gary Lew)

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. (Mark Twain)

Be not just good. Be good for something (HD Thoreau)

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort (anonymous.)

There is a reason that we have two ears, two eyes, but only one mouth (Hopi proverb)

Every day, try to have compassion for five kinds of people:
    * someone to whom you are grateful
    * a loved one or friend
    * a neutral person
    * someone who is difficult for you; and
    * yourself (Rick Hanson in "Buddha's Brain")
  • Oz2011
    Oz2011 Posts: 58
    The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!-Rocky Balboa
  • tegeos
    tegeos Posts: 20
    I have always loved this one and so true when we sometimes feel guilty or upset about our progress.

"Don't count the days, make the days count."
    -Muhammad Ali
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Yoda
  • MaySunrise
    MaySunrise Posts: 26 Member
    When you're down to nothing God is up to something....

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it!

and something less theological....

Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

The weight on your body is nothing compared to the weight on your heart.....Let it go...Be free to be the thin, healthy, happy you.- Marianne Williamson
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    "The reward for a thing well done is to have done it!" ~Unknown

I love this one, as a teacher. I get tired of students doing half-assed work. To me, what's the use of trying if you aren't going to do your best? There's no reward for mediocracy!

Shannon
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member

I like this, and its very true! :drinker:

She posted this as her Facebook status yesterday. I really love it too. Absolutely the truth! :)
This discussion has been closed.