Am i doing this right ??

Options
This seems too easy ?? all i do is stay under my calorie goal for the day and im even able to have the odd bar of chocolate or crisps ??

Started Monday and so far im getting on well, eating my fruit and veg but still having the odd coffee etc , weigh in Monday so time will tell i guess.

Size zero for the summer ...........

Replies

• gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    cowdge, why do you need to stay under your calorie goal?. Your calorie goal is already working at a deficit for you.
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I had some mcdonalds fries today, and normally on an old 'diet' i would feel so much GUILT and feel like it was all over and then turn to more food for comfort. But i had my fries and kept within my calories. It's a weird feeling, not to feel so restricted. It's true that we can eat whatever we like within your calorie range and still lose weight. Of course you need to measure your portions correctly or you'll underestimate calories.
    Good luck to you and keep it up!
  • cowdge
    cowdge Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My bad , i should of said "stick to my calorie goal".

Just seems too easy, but a real eye opener when i look at the calories in the foods i've been eating in the past !!!
  • Jasdramaqueen
    Jasdramaqueen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I need to look at your food diary! I am struggling to keep the calorie intake down, even when it's just simple healthy food? And that's even with the added exercise-calories...perhaps I'm the one doing something wrong- teach us!
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I have used MFP off and on for about a year, but I never know if I am doing things correctly. I have decided that I am going to trudge forward, even if it is not perfect. Keep up the good work and it will pay off.
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Thats better :laugh: When I started it was a real eye opener too. One of my husbands favourite meals was pork belly rashers in bread crumbs, served with roast potatoes and veggies. I used to eat 3 and he used to eat 4+. When I came to enter the calories they worked out at 365 cals each!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've not cooked the meal since that first week I joined here.