Hello

Options
I have been on here for a week and am just now posting. I am 30 with two kids. My goal is to lose 30 pounds and to hopfully have at least 10 gone by Thanksgiving. I want to get back to the size that makes me happy. People tell me that I look fine, but I know that I am not at all as healthy as I could be. I don't get a lot of support from friends, because I am the smallest out of all and they do not think that I need to lose. I don't thin with me it is a matter of if I need to lose or not, I want to be proud of how I look again.

Replies

• alexbrin3
    alexbrin3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been on here for a week and am just now posting. I am 30 with two kids. My goal is to lose 30 pounds and to hopfully have at least 10 gone by Thanksgiving. I want to get back to the size that makes me happy. People tell me that I look fine, but I know that I am not at all as healthy as I could be. I don't get a lot of support from friends, because I am the smallest out of all and they do not think that I need to lose. I don't thin with me it is a matter of if I need to lose or not, I want to be proud of how I look again.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started yesterday and I'm in the same boat as you. All of my friends think I look fine but I think I need to be more healthy in general. Good luck to you!
  • tdroseler
    tdroseler Posts: 165
    Options
    great to have you here, alexbrin3
    We all want to loose some weight, for our own reason...a cousins wedding, health issues, "baby fat", feel better about ourselves. I don't think it matters why, just that you are doing it for yourself.
    Being proud of how we look is important...being healthy is vital.
    Good luck to you. And i know you will find this site very helpful and supportive.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    welcome alexbrin3,
    Don't worry about what friends think at this point. You have to do what makes you feel happy.
    We're here for you! Good Luck!
  • NoMoreAt3
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
    This site will totally hook you...great people giving great advice and massive amounts of support. I have been on this site about a week too, and I am still being surprised by it. For me, there is just something about being able to look at my eating patterns right in front of me in a businessy type graph form. I knew my eating habits were not good, but I guess I just didn't realize HOW not good they were. So, I have the motivation to change that, and should I ever get stuck, I know exactly were to go! I know you will end up enjoying this site as much as the rest of us! Good luck!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    alexbrin3 - Welcome!!

I understand your dilema with friends' opinions. I am a bit further down the road of life at age 53, but I know it's hard to detach from your loved ones' opinions. Sometimes they are just trying to help you feel better, and sometimes they are just talking to be talking, without thinking too much of their affect on you.

I heard this somewhere, loved it, use it often, and I'm glad I'm nearing 60 - here it is!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    When you're 20 you worry about what people think about you.

When you're 40 you don't care what people think about you.

When you're 60 you realize they weren't even thinking about you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    It is the "20-40-60 Insight".

Take care of yourself ! Lose your weight and be the best you can be! We are here for you anytime you need to vent or share your life. Thanks for joining!

~Cheryl :flowerforyou:
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you both! This site will become a new addiction, as it has to me. Take it one day at a time!
    Thanks for sharing!
  • kerrycwill
    kerrycwill Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new as well. Today is day 6 for me. Eating healthy is not easy for me. I am 32. I have two young children and I also want to lose 30 lbs. 25 lbs is probably more reasonable. Good luck to you. I hope that I can keep it going. I love to exercise but I have a really hard time eating well. So far.... It has been hard and spirits are low. The scale has not budged!
  • NanaDebby
    NanaDebby Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I am also new to this whole idea of keeping track and keeping myself accountable. So far I am really getting a lot out of this site....most importantly, a lot of inspiration and positive encouragement. Even if it's not intended directly for me, I still find reading everyone's posts so helpful and encouraging.
    I absolutely LOVE the 20-40-60 insight and if its ok with you cmriverside, I will definitely be using that one again!
    Good luck and just like everyone else has already said....it's about you, not anyone else and what they think you should or shouldn't look like.
  • nay0407
    Options
    Stay positive, The weight will come off. Just take one day at a time. If you are having trouble with your eating habils, don't change everything all at once. Just change one thing everyday. Don't forget to drink alot of water, it will flush bad toxins from your body. Also, do you like green tea? We drink lot's of it over here in Japan. It is good for you and a natural appetite supressant. Good luck!!
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Comment on green tea. I really enjoy it and try to drink at least a few japanese size cups a day or two to three big cups. It does help, plus drinking my 8 - 11 glasses of water on top so my weight loss is going really well. 17 days and down 12 pounds, following everything on this site in calories and exercise as much as I can. I know it's a fast loss, but I'm not complaining!
  • nay0407
    Options
    WOW redalee, That is fast. what is your excersise program. I want to do whatever your doing.
    Good for you!!