The Battle of "All or None"

Lakeside54321
Lakeside54321 Posts: 23
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
I have had to fight this battle of what I call "All or None" when it comes to weight loss! It consists of either no dieting at all, which for me may mean 5500? to 7500? calories a day.... not caring at all what I eat.... feeling miserable....and still not satisfied, to deciding I am going to diet and start watching my calories... bringing them down to about 1600 calories a day! How dumb is this??? Why don't we 5000 calorie eaters first bring that down to 4000 calories, and so on until we just stop gaining, and find that point where we start going the other way? A little here and a little there! Probably the reason is.... we know that we need to do this in a hurry because of all our past dieting failures, and because we want to lose it all right NOW! LOL

Plus.... I can only lose weight through diet! I cannot exercise! When I exercise, I start burning Fat..... and I smell like bacon and I get hungry! :-) It is a vicious cycle! I wish success for everyone here! I'm down 10 pounds since the New Year began!!

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Great job on the 10 lbs. I tend to be the same, especially with exercise. If I can't do an hour on the treadmill, I won't get on at all. Good Luck with the long haul. One thing that I keep seeing on here is " this is a marathon, not a sprint."
This discussion has been closed.