cheat day

Options
How often do you have a cheat day? Not quite on purpose, but with the holiday and whatever plans I had the previous weekend, my last two entire weekends have been cheat weekends. Thankfully I did not gain, but I was a little dissapointed to see this morning that I have stayed the same for yet the second week in a row. Obviously I now know that an entire cheat weekend is bad, but do you all allow one day each weekend to cheat, or is it less often than that? I find if I don't have a cheat day now and again I will have troubles sticking to the plan overall, but I don't want to have a cheat day every weekend if I am going to be staying at the same weight.

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    How often do you have a cheat day? Not quite on purpose, but with the holiday and whatever plans I had the previous weekend, my last two entire weekends have been cheat weekends. Thankfully I did not gain, but I was a little dissapointed to see this morning that I have stayed the same for yet the second week in a row. Obviously I now know that an entire cheat weekend is bad, but do you all allow one day each weekend to cheat, or is it less often than that? I find if I don't have a cheat day now and again I will have troubles sticking to the plan overall, but I don't want to have a cheat day every weekend if I am going to be staying at the same weight.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Mine is during the weekend, I will go out to eat once or twice and eat half of the portion.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Did you have fun on your cheat weekend though?

I decided this: No "cheaters" until 1) I've lost 6 lbs (as in, I'm at 110) and maintained for 1 week at least and 2) my "cheat" day is WITH people and I'm having fun doing something, not eating a pizza by myself or something and 3) my cheat day involves doing something active...like if I'm going to LoDo with friends, that means I'm also circling downtown too so I'm probably walking a mile.

basically, I have to "earn" my cheat day he he but NOT by going to the gym and OMG OMG OMG I HAVE TO EXERCISE 60000000 caloriessssssss!!

:)

So as long as my cheat day was well spent and I wasn't being lazy, rock on!

I think my first cheat day will be baking with my son and then taking our baked goods to the park =)
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue that last few weekends.

For me I am learning that I can't have many/any cheat days. So I work "normal" foods into my eating plan. So I am not as tempted to cheat, which is hard cause I seriously was eyeing a Sonic Fire Island burger today, but I resisted cause I hadn't planned on it from the start.

So, it depends on you as a person. Me, I go off the wagon and I am gone for a good week. If I plan in my splurges then I am able to keep more in control.
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat day once a month, My hubby and I will spend the whole day together and we will go out for lunch. always mexican food!!! YUM!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I think a cheat day once a week is A LOT. Now, a treat a week is ok. I have a 100cal chocolate bar every sunday as a treat, and I fit it into mycalories. the thing is, taking a day off is really tough unless you have been here awhile and can gage how many cals you're taking in... otherwise you might be majorly overdoing it and undoing any of the work you've done the remainder of the week.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any "cheat" days. I try to stick to my calories...however, if I go over, then I deal with it. I'm not going to accidently go over, and just throw in the towel and go excessively over. Little ups and downs are fine....that's life...as well as weight loss.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    oops..posted twice..:smile: sorry:smile:
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Usually Sat. or Sun. (or both) each week. I just don't log. Nothing crazy - it's just nice not to be so anal about every bite I put in my mouth. :ohwell:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    So, it depends on you as a person. Me, I go off the wagon and I am gone for a good week. If I plan in my splurges then I am able to keep more in control.

Ditto! Once I go to the dark side, I don't know how to come back easily. :happy: I know now that I can't handle the guilt I feel when I eat "bad"...So I just stick around my points and workout for the extras.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

Ditto! Once I go to the dark side, I don't know how to come back easily. :happy: I know now that I can't handle the guilt I feel when I eat "bad"...So I just stick around my points and workout for the extras.

I totally go to the darkside too! They have cookies!!!!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Usually Sat. or Sun. (or both) each week. I just don't log. Nothing crazy - it's just nice not to be so anal about every bite I put in my mouth. :ohwell:

Yes this is usually my idea of a cheat day. I am sure I eat a few things that I normally wouldn't, but mostly my cheat day is just about not logging so I feel a little more free. With the exception of last weekend.....but holidays are hard....and I still don't think I went that nutso for being a holiday weekend.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Especially the dark chocolate side! :blushing:
  • tparkin
    tparkin Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    7508.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I don't plan to have cheat days. If there is a time that I want something that I might normally try to stay away from but I have enough calories I eat it. I make sure that it is not often, but depriving yourself of everything always will just make binges harder to overcome. Cheaters never win, so don't think of it as cheating!
  • Caramel Cutie
    Options
    I have a cheat day, but I don't cheat the entire day! :happy: I may treat myself to a special breakfast, or decide to splurge on dinner only! If I go overboard, I'll be upset with myself :explode: and then eat more!:grumble: So, as long as you remain active for the weekend and have a teensy bit of a splurge, it should be O-TAY!!!:drinker:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I beat myself up even over a meal, takes a lot of the fun out of it. That could be just cause I am pretty new here. I need to build up momentum before I decide to take a break. :laugh: