P90X - Will it kill me?

Options
2»

Replies

• angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! All signs point to "yes I should get it"

Just worried about cost at this point, what's the cheapest I can go and get away with it?

Go look for it on craigslist. There are a lot of people trying to get rid of extra unopened copies.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! All signs point to "yes I should get it"

Just worried about cost at this point, what's the cheapest I can go and get away with it?

Go look for it on craigslist. There are a lot of people trying to get rid of extra unopened copies.

Actually in my experience most of those are either counterfeit or from coaches who are doing something against coach policies. I wouldn't do either.

Only way to get the 90 days guarantee is by ordering through a Team Beachbody Coach, or Beachbody.com
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
    Honestly I think the best you can do is your best. The worst that can (and probably will) happen is that Plyometrics will render you unable to move without assistance for the next 2 days :laugh:

Don't worry though, they do that to everyone, even people who are already fit. My first plyo class made me sick to my stomach and I could barely walk for a few days. Take it easy. No one is going to tell if you have to repeat a week here or there :wink:
  • gmariekc
    Options
    How do you record P90X in the exercise log? I can't find any matches when I try to log my P90X sessions.
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Actually in my experience most of those are either counterfeit or from coaches who are doing something against coach policies. I wouldn't do either.

Only way to get the 90 days guarantee is by ordering through a Team Beachbody Coach, or Beachbody.com

I bought a copy off of craigslist with the band and pull up bar for $60 with no issues. The box was still packaged. I guess it's your cal lhow you want to do it.
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I would say that you can do anything if you put your mind to it. I'm in my second week of P90X and i can't do pull ups on the bar without a chair. Everything in life is a working progress. I am currently 24 years old and couldn't do push ups off my knees until this year. P90X will get you in shape if you follow the program and i do believe anyone could do it. They do show you easier ways to do the moves as well.

P.S. Check your library and craigslist, you will definately get it for cheaper or possibly free. thats what i did. My library had it.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    To log calorie burn from P90X your best bet is to use a heart rate monitor or Bodybugg and then take the reading from that device create a custom entry like "P90X program" in your exercise journal to log it.

Sharon
  • sheebs11
    sheebs11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    you can also get it at walmart!!! i havent done it personally but i am planning on it., but a friend did it after her first baby and lost all the weight she gained plus some and looks fantastic.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    you can also get it at walmart!!! i havent done it personally but i am planning on it., but a friend did it after her first baby and lost all the weight she gained plus some and looks fantastic.

You cannot buy P90X at Walmart!
  • craig1768
    craig1768 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Second pass on P90X. I am going to state some realities.

1) Your body shape will change with P90X guarenteed. Don't expect to go from having a tire around your mid section to a six pack of abs in 90 days. Will you lose the tire? Most likely. There are a lot of factors that play into getting that toned. Just be realistic. I planned on doing multiple rotations of the program until I got to the shape that I want to be in and so should you. 2 pant sizes (plus) and 20 ish lbs for me so far (160 days).

2) There is a time commitment with p90x. 1 to 1.5 hours a day six days a week. Chalean and Power 90 are 45 minute routines (one 5 days, one 6 days). Both are also viable starting points.

3) Its completely addictive, you build a ton of strength and tone up quickly. I concur with most of the other posters on this message. You may start all your push ups knees down and there is no dishonor in doing so.

Good Luck,

Craig
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

You cannot buy P90X at Walmart!

Actually, it is available at Walmart in Canada.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options

There are actually a few Beachbody programs available at Walmart in Canada - P90X & Insanity for sure. They're available everywhere here... even at bizarre places, like Office Depot. :laugh:
  • Stooooo
    Options

There are actually a few Beachbody programs available at Walmart in Canada - P90X & Insanity for sure. They're available everywhere here... even at bizarre places, like Office Depot. :laugh:

Those are actually counterfeits, no Beachbody program is permitted to be sold in stores.
  • bloodbank
    Options

Those are actually counterfeits, no Beachbody program is permitted to be sold in stores.

Seriously? That's craziness - I can't imagine Beachbody hasn't sued the *kitten* out of all the companies that sell their product here, if they're fakes. I sent them an email... says they'll get back to me tomorrow.
  • kmahly
    kmahly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think they might already have sued them once, or litigation is still pending perhaps. There has been a huge problem with counterfeits of P90X, and possibly other Beachbody programs, too.

What's sad is that I see comments from people online who buy these counterfeits without realizing it. They don't understand why the dvds don't come with the book, or the nutrition guide- and then of course, there's no "customer service" from these counterfeit places- and sadly, these same people who got duped end up going online saying how horrible P90X is and the customer service is crap... blah blah blah... when really, they never bought a legitimate copy from the actual company in the first place. It's really unfortunate- both for Beachbody and for those people who are duped by unscrupulous people.
  • bloodbank
    Options

Seriously? That's craziness - I can't imagine Beachbody hasn't sued the *kitten* out of all the companies that sell their product here, if they're fakes. I sent them an email... says they'll get back to me tomorrow.

Well, got an email back from Beachbody. They confirm that their products are sold in stores here (which, really, I couldn't imagine that basically EVERY store I walked into here was selling counterfeits...). C&P of email below... the whole not-in-stores deal must be a U.S. only thing. :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Subject
    Sold in stores in Canada?

Discussion Thread
    Response (Lisa Wilson) 01/15/2011 01:51 AM
    Hello Morgan,

Thank you for contacting Beachbody, my name is Lisa Wilson. If at any time you feel you're not receiving excellent service or feel unsatisfied with what I am doing, please let me know immediately, and I will do all within my power to accomplish your request.

I am glad to assist you with your inquiry.

I would like to inform you that following are the stores were we will sell our products in Canada, Stores include, but are not limited to: Forzani, Shoppers Drug Mart, Zellers, London Drugs, Wal*mart, Canadian Tire, Costco, TV Showcase, As Seen on TV Stores, Sears.

If you still have any concern regarding this, please reply back to this email so that we can assist you further.
  • Stooooo
    Options

Well, got an email back from Beachbody. They confirm that their products are sold in stores here (which, really, I couldn't imagine that basically EVERY store I walked into here was selling counterfeits...). C&P of email below... the whole not-in-stores deal must be a U.S. only thing. :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Subject
    Sold in stores in Canada?

Discussion Thread
    Response (Lisa Wilson) 01/15/2011 01:51 AM
    Hello Morgan,

Thank you for contacting Beachbody, my name is Lisa Wilson. If at any time you feel you're not receiving excellent service or feel unsatisfied with what I am doing, please let me know immediately, and I will do all within my power to accomplish your request.

I am glad to assist you with your inquiry.

I would like to inform you that following are the stores were we will sell our products in Canada, Stores include, but are not limited to: Forzani, Shoppers Drug Mart, Zellers, London Drugs, Wal*mart, Canadian Tire, Costco, TV Showcase, As Seen on TV Stores, Sears.

If you still have any concern regarding this, please reply back to this email so that we can assist you further.

Thank you for sharing that, I had no idea.