Birthdays

Options
gr8grl68
gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
OK--I am turning 43 this Sunday and have 2 questions actually:

1. Did you have an age you HATED turning, or actually LIKED turning (I personally hated 30 and loved 40)

2. My awesome husband cooks me a birthday dinner every year and I obviously want it to be a more nutritious/healthy dish this year--does anyone have a favorite special dinner recipe, even if its a simple casserole, please share!

Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Turning 30 was more of a 'punch in the gut' to me than 40, too.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    So funny that you posted this, my brother turned 40 today! He seems good with it, but he's in better shape than ever (he had a heart attack just over a year ago and now has to take care of himself).

25 was hard for me (weird, right?) but I was proud to turn 30!
  • Sheriemae
    Sheriemae Posts: 248
    Options
    I absolutely hated turning 22....I cried! I thought I had nothing else to look forward to. :laugh: hahahaha! Boy was I young and dumb. I'm kind of looking forward to turning 30 this year. :happy:
    Have a wonderful birthday! Enjoy your day!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorites recipes!!! Easy to make for the most part. Add some green beans and you are still under 300 calories.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1230
  • robbie1968
    Options
    I hated 20. Leaving my teens was sad for me. It felt like I was leaving my innocence behind and I had to actually grow up and
    face the responsibility of life ..... I am still against it ..... LOL
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 24 next week and I'm not too excited about it :/ Oh well life goes on and I feel GREAT.

This is one of my fav recipes:
    http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/mushroom-casserole-recipe.html

Enjoy!
  • GoofyOne
    Options
    I loved 25! 45? Not so much :sad: My favorite 'Celebritory' food is Steak and Potato...come to think of it tho that is just my fave food at any time...
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!

I agree with Robbie...although while growing older is a reality, growing up is an option. There's nothing wrong with a bit of immaturity. As long as you keep having fun and staying healthy that's all that matters!
  • mjd1980
    mjd1980 Posts: 16
    Options
    I hated turning 30 - felt like i should be a grown up!!

Try this recipie its delish and really low in calories...

Diet Coke Chicken (BBQ)

INGREDIENTS

2 Medium Chicken Breasts

1 Medium Red Onion

6 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup

Can of Diet Coke (Not Pepsi Max or Coke zero – too sweet)

Couple of dashes of Worcester Sauce (to taste)

HOW TO COOK

1. Dice chicken and slice onion and brown off in Frylight.

2. Add Ketchup and diet coke and Worcester Sauce

3. cook on high heat to reduce the sauce stirring to ensure it does not burn

4. Once it has gotten to a thick consistency (sticky) then serve.

i always Serve with boiled rice

Enjoy xx
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorites recipes!!! Easy to make for the most part. Add some green beans and you are still under 300 calories.

OMG! Thank you so much for sharing that recipe! I am making this tomorrow night ---tottally fits into my plan! I love hungry girl but I missed this one.
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Age 30... my kids started a fire on the stove, gum went thru the wash and dryer, and I sprained my ankle... all before noon. It got better after that. I loved turning 50, was healthier and much happier .

I love to stir fry. Just use the veggies you love in the amount you want, and I add shrimp (but any meat will do) Then I use one of those stir fry season packets (Sunbird). My choices are broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, baby corn and mushroom. Its delicious.
  • kristinmaravelias
    Options
    Turning 46 was hard for me because 50 seems so close and I used to think the 50 was old. However, when I started feeling down about it I would think of my children. I would think that if I didn't age neither could my children and then they could not grow up to be the wonderful people they are becoming. That may sound kind of strange but it does help me.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    So funny that you posted this, my brother turned 40 today! He seems good with it, but he's in better shape than ever (he had a heart attack just over a year ago and now has to take care of himself).

25 was really hard for me as well! I just turned 27 this last weekend and I feel different...in a good way! A bit older, much happier with myself, life, friends, and family.

I love to grill or broil a juicy chicken breast, season with garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, bit of cayenne pepper for spice. A big side of sauteed or grilled mix of squash, zucchini, and juicy mushrooms, all seasoned with garlic! Maybe a hot, fresh piece of muli-grain bread bought in the bakery aisle of your grocery store. And followed by a nice cold glass of Lambrusco! :drinker:
  • legend1973
    Options
    Once I was a day over 35 I realized that I was now closer in age to 50 then I was to 20.....
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Once I was a day over 35 I realized that I was now closer in age to 50 then I was to 20.....

I just turned 36 a couple of months ago and realized that I'm 18 years past 18! How did that happen so fast?!
  • gr8grl68
    Options

This sounds awesome! I remember buying those frozen at the store (I can only imagine tha calories on them!). Thanks for posting!
  • gr8grl68
    Options

25 was really hard for me as well! I just turned 27 this last weekend and I feel different...in a good way! A bit older, much happier with myself, life, friends, and family.

I love to grill or broil a juicy chicken breast, season with garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, bit of cayenne pepper for spice. A big side of sauteed or grilled mix of squash, zucchini, and juicy mushrooms, all seasoned with garlic! Maybe a hot, fresh piece of muli-grain bread bought in the bakery aisle of your grocery store. And followed by a nice cold glass of Lambrusco! :drinker:

I LOVE garlic too! And you just made me HUNGRY! :) Thanks for sharing with me!

And now that I think about it I will soon be morethan DOUBLE the age of 21 . . .holy moly! lol
  • gr8grl68
    Options
    I'm turning 24 next week and I'm not too excited about it :/ Oh well life goes on and I feel GREAT.

This is one of my fav recipes:
    http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/mushroom-casserole-recipe.html

Enjoy!

Yum--my hubby and I love mushrooms too--thanks for sharing! Happy upcoming birthday to you! And if you want to put your age in perspective, I have a 25 year old married son--I could be your MOM!!!! LOL