Calling all the UK- Anyone else want to join the North vs So

Options

Replies

• RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm from the Sarrrrff so I'll join that team please!! Message coming your way!
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Another one for the South :)
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Have messaged you, forgot to tell you when I weigh in but it's kind of irrelevant as I am the south team cheerleader, (or useless baggage depending on your outlook)

......unfortunately I don't get points for losing the same pound over and over as my weight fluctuates slightly while maintaining :frown:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Give me an S, give me an O, give me a U, T, H go SOUTH yaaaaaayyyyyyyyy.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Northern lass here!! Well, as Oop Norf as it gets in Leicester ^^ mail on it's way to ya x
  • northernmum
    northernmum Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Can you include me on the North team please?
    Thanks
    x
  • emc2003
    emc2003 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thought I'd added to this thread but obviously not.

I'm team North, please. I've sent you a message with all my details in already. :smile:
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Haha this is genius! Definitely in. Team south! I'll message you now
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Bloody Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Confirmed entries for North team ( ie message with starting weight for challenge already sent):
    emc2003
    kendrafallon
    lushy20
    hayley26d
    savagegirl
    marymoonpigUK
    ...oh, and me! =7

Confirmed entries for South team:
    gowdiek
    RGPargy
    xmaxine89
    James501
    nam14uk
    Lynnah =6
    (+ 2 cheerleaders at maintenance weight- yvonnej1 and barty)

Confirmed entries for Scotland &Northern Ireland
    lesley1981

Expressed an interest but no starting weight received yet:

North:
    morganadk2
    NuclearGirl
    bjshooter
    vicyoung2000
    loxleys
    aimibean
    mellissacase
    karlydaniels
    tracyberwick =9

South:
    munchiemooka
    CygnusR
    mat_lock
    ifeelsqueaky
    kettlewitch
    Fliegenschwein
    queenmedusa
    Oddelly
    gilleeman
    traceytoo
    finnhead
    elfward
    idharris
    lilmissy2 =14

Scotland & N Ireland:
    sapphirelazuli
    nickiit2003 =2

Interest expressed but team not confirmed:
    loushep
    crimsonaddict
    AllieWhiteley
    sdscouser

I'm really sorry but I know I missed a couple of people who sent a message with their friend request, because the message disappeared as soon as I accepted you as a friend. Please message me again and I'll try harder next time :embarassed:

If any details are incorrect, message me or this is what will go on the chart!

Whew.
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in but I only have Internet on a computer at the weekends, my iPhone makes it difficult for me to go to profiles so I will message you soon :)
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Woop woop I'm in, I've just sent you a message!

Team south!! xxx
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Bump so I can follow you all.....Cheerleader !!!! I like it lol.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Pennylite
    Pennylite Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'd like to be on the North team.:smile:
  • 4pence
    4pence Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be joining the South team :D
  • Plantpot
    Plantpot Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Ooooooooooooh count this Northern Numpty :noway: in!!! I will add you an in box you my weight.

Great idea, lets show these Southern Softies how its done :wink: :wink:
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ooooooooooooh count this Northern Numpty :noway: in!!! I will add you an in box you my weight.

Great idea, lets show these Southern Softies how its done :wink: :wink:

That be foightin talk where i be from oooarrrr

hahaha
  • Oddelly
    Oddelly Posts: 29
    Options
    Cheers for sorting this Rosy!

I'll send you my weight now for the south :) but I admit I'm still confused about how we are doing the math??
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Cheers for sorting this Rosy!

I'll send you my weight now for the south :) but I admit I'm still confused about how we are doing the math??

I'm planning on totalling the starting weight of the whole team (North currently 1176.5lbs- 10 peeps and South currently 2250.1lbs- 13 peeps. I won't reveal the Gaels, as only Lesley has given me a weight so far!).
    When the week 1 weights come in, I will total them, then find the percentage loss for each team, and we'll see each week which team has lost the biggest percentage of its weight. I could average the number of pounds lost per person instead, but on biggest loser they do a percentage loss to allow for the fact that it's easier to lose weight the heavier you are. Apparently. We'll see. I am currently the heaviest person on the north team. Damn.

So percentage loss for the team= 100 x (total starting weight for team- total week 1 weight for team)/total starting weight for team.

I'll put all the numbers up so people can check.

It does mean that week 1 results might not be reliable, because I tried not to be prescriptive about which day people weigh on, and I think some people might be weighing tomorrow to give me a start weight, even though their normal day is not Saturday. This means that their first weeks' figures will be weight lost over less than a week.
    It is still really important that each weeks' weight loss represents a 7 day period. So if you weigh on Tuesday, for example, I need your weight from Tues 11th Jan to go in the table tomorrow as your starting weight, then a weight from Tuesday 18th to be your week one weight (tabled on Saturday 22nd), etc etc etc

Hope this makes sense!

And we need more Scots and Irish for the Gaelic team, otherwise they'll have to be lumped in with the Northern Numpties. Better that than being forced to join the Southern Softies, though.

Come on Gaels, your honour is at stake!
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    I'm in and from the South ;-)
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm in and will message you my starting weight Sat am (I'm looking at a gain this week due to a week of indulgence)

go team north!!!