Have an egg

Options
Don't overlook this handy energy source.
Eggs are egg-cellent energy sources, thanks to their protein content. Not only does protein provide energy, but it's essential to recovery, as it repairs tissue damaged during and after training. Keep a handy supply of hard-boiled eggs in the fridge for snacks, salads or sandwiches. Jillian recommends whole organic eggs, fortified with omega-3 fatty acids.

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I so wished I could eat eggs. I use to be able to eat them devil'd but now not even like that. Thats what I get for being a egg junkie as a child. :bigsmile:
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Man, I love eggs. I wake up every morning looking forward to eating my scrambled eggs! :)
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about eggs earlier...Because everything i've read and the meal plans i've looked at call for egg whites. Well, they just don't satisfy me like a whole egg! I would work around the extra fat and calories....Are yolks really that bad for you if you work around your cal/fat intake?
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    I'm not much of an egg fan anymore. I used to love them but now I have to crave one. But Kashi has a cereal that has the same amount of protein as an egg. I eat it every morning. :tongue:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about eggs earlier...Because everything i've read and the meal plans i've looked at call for egg whites. Well, they just don't satisfy me like a whole egg! I would work around the extra fat and calories....Are yolks really that bad for you if you work around your cal/fat intake?

I believe the yolk is high in cholesterol.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options

The reason a lot of people really try to stay away from the yolks is for the cholesterol. Just like everything, if used in moderation you'll be fine. I often do a mix of one whole egg and two egg whites for omelettes or breakfast. But, if I'm doing hardboiled, there's no way I can eat ONLY the white... no thanks.
  • MommyRobot
    Options

I believe the yolk is high in cholesterol.

BOO!! LOL I just loveeee egg yolk.
  • MommyRobot
    Options

The reason a lot of people really try to stay away from the yolks is for the cholesterol. Just like everything, if used in moderation you'll be fine. I often do a mix of one whole egg and two egg whites for omelettes or breakfast. But, if I'm doing hardboiled, there's no way I can eat ONLY the white... no thanks.

What an excellent idea with the omelet!!
  • SmileSarah47
    SmileSarah47 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear that Desirai. I like them for the protien. there are other sources for protien. by the way I love your hair cut. I was thinking of going short like that.