H20 Cures sore muscles?

Options
I haven't heard this anywhere but i noticed that although my muscles ache slightly the day after my workouts and the first time i go up and down the stairs in the morning, after that they really dont bother me. I was wondering if this could AT ALL have anything to do with the fact that I'm SO well hydrated?? I only ask cause I know I'm working out very hard (and with proper technique since i'm paranoid to injure myself) but I seem to be suffering less. I heard "experts" say that you should divide your weight in half and drink that many ounces of water each day. The past couple weeks I have been drinking between 12-14 8 oz glasses of water every day and am actually thirsty for it amazingly enough.

Can anyone shed some informed light on this situation for me? I just wanted to know if hydrated muscles = less soreness.

Replies

• Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I don't believe so. There is good information here on post workout muscle soreness:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_onset_muscle_soreness
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    bump. more thoughts please!
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    If you consider that your body is comprised mostly of water and that muscles need to be hydrated to operate efficiently, I would say it can't hurt. At the end of the day, the only thing your body really needs to keep going (liquid wise) is water. It is here on the earth to sustain us so it would only make sense that is it would help in the muscle fiber repair process which builds lean muscle. So gulp away sister! (or course, good stretching, wathcing your form, and lifting what is safe for your will help a lot too :drinker: )