Fiber

Options
Liatush
Liatush Posts: 627 Member
What's the deal with fiber? If I go over my daily budget, is that bad? I love edamames and they are super high in fiber. Should I cut that out of my diet or is OD-ing on fiber not that big a deal?

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Fiber is not bad! FIber is GReat!!! They set it low. You can change it yourself. Aim for 28-32g if you go over you go over.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Absolutely no problem going over on fiber. Fiber takes longer to break down in your body and keeps you full longer and helps with cravings. It also helps with your digestion as long as your consuming water with it.
  • HotMomma86
    Options
    I always go over on my fiber. No big deal. The best amount is between 25 and 30, although most days I get close to 40. I figure, I'd rather be over with fiber than not getting enough.
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    If you have digestive issues like IBS, it could be a problem. Otherwise, you'll probably just have a transition period as your body gets used to that much fiber if you kwim.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I actually have ibs and fiber has a love hate relationship with me. I was put on a high fiber diet and its never bad to go over your limit on here!
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I upped my limit on fiber by changing the settings because mine was set way too low. If I don't get enough fiber I just don't lose weight.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    whew.... I feel better! Thanks so much for the advice!!
  • kellebelleca
    Options
    I'm different here, I have Crohn's Disease and fibre is bad for me in large amounts such as raw vegetables and even many cooked ones (e.g. No corn, peas, tough outer skins, etc). My challenge is creating a balanced, low-calorie and low-carb meal that is also low on fibre. I can alternate my fibre days like salad one day but not the next, but it's tough to eat what we normally think of as "healthy" when a celery stick is "unhealthy" for people like me. Let's just say I'm keeping the V-8 people in business!!