Just looking to encourage and be encouraged!

Options
My name is Stephanie. I'm 24 years old, living in Memphis, TN. I work in accounting and other than running around the office for various things I pretty much sit at a desk all day long. To top it off I am finishing out my degree so when I get home I live with my head between the books. I finally decided it was time for change, I should have started taking better care of myself YEARS ago. I've been using mfp for almost a month but I am just now getting around to adding friends. I love the application- it is so easy to use, there is no excuse for not keeping track of what you are doing during the day. My theory is if you can spend 30 minutes a day on facebook then you can certainly devote at least that to something as important as your health!

I am doing well with really pushing myself and while I have only shed 7 pounds, I already feel 100xs better than I have in years and I know it will just get better from here! I'm really just looking for friends to share in this with. Being able to see updates on people's good and bad days and vice versa is great motivation, why not get as much of that as you can? If I can do this then so can you!!

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Way to go and welcome to the message board community! I'm a graduate student also with a full time job so I understand the busy life you lead and can also say that it IS entirely possible to include exercise and a healthy lifestyle as part of it! Best of luck and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • urnewbuddee
    urnewbuddee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i'm brand new to the website and i understand how daunting work can be on staying healthy! if you want a new friend, feel free to add me also!:happy:
  • shadiel
    shadiel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I just recently found this site and i like it very much especially because I can log everything no matter where I am. Now that I am aware of everything I eat I believe that I will be sucessful this time around.
  • SlimNana48
    Options
    Welcome aboard & I’m glad to see that you want to do this for you. I started MFP in September 2010 & I really love this site & the people who are a part of it. I’ve only lost about 8 lbs or so but it's because I stopped at one point logging what I was taking in. But I’m back on track & I would enjoy encouraging you in any way that I can. Friend me if you want us to stay in contact. A toast to you on your weight loss journey. :drinker:
  • Pandaschaefer
    Options
    Just started on the website here myself and am very excited to have some place that helps me keep better track of what I'm eating and such. Good luck with your journey and please feel free to friend me if you'd like!
  • harborbelle
    harborbelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie,

I just joined the day before yesterday and am exploring the Message Boards. I saw your message right off the bat and I can really relate, even though I'm 64!

Not sure if I'm doing things right .... this is my first post, and I don't know if my little ticker will turn out right.

Anyway, I love your perspective and your attitude has already inspired me. Thanks!