Any low cal Mexican Food?

Options
I'm going out to dinner for a friend's birthday party tomorrow. I'm not sure what to order that will be low in calories but still fill me up. I'm going directly after work. It is possible that I eat a small something at work and then go there. But what should I choose?

Help!!! :ohwell:

Replies

• MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm going out to dinner for a friend's birthday party tomorrow. I'm not sure what to order that will be low in calories but still fill me up. I'm going directly after work. It is possible that I eat a small something at work and then go there. But what should I choose?

Help!!! :ohwell:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Attempt a taco salad.

Stay clear of the cheese, add lots of salsa, stir the beef around and leave most of it on your plate. No sour cream, and have your favorite drink so you don't feel like you are missing out!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    double post..

Deleting with my magic wand!

::poof!::
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Fajitas are always a nice choice, go for a vegetarian or chicken version. Get a whole style bean instead of refried beans. Be wary of the rice. Stay away from the chips and fried foods.

Did that help?
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Try chicken fajitas, just don't eat more than one flour tortilla. You get grilled chicken, and instead of sour cream, use the guacamole, which is full of essential oils. Have the charro beans, instead of refried and just don't eat them all.... probably should stay away from the rice, but everything in moderation.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Fajitas are always a nice choice, go for a vegetarian or chicken version. Get a whole style bean instead of refried beans. Be wary of the rice. Stay away from the chips and fried foods.

Did that help?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Great minds think alike :laugh: We wrote at the same time...

Not that the Laundry Princess isn't a great mind :laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

Did that help?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Great minds think alike :laugh: We wrote at the same time...

Not that the Laundry Princess isn't a great mind :laugh:

Still a great mind....with a different view.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Thank You all for your advice. I have been trying to lose for a few months now so I lost a few lbs and then stopped working out, then started eating whatever. So basicly fell off the wagon and I really do want to lose so now I'm back to square one. I'm thinking of quiting the gym I'm at and joining one that my fiance and I can both be at. We can take the kids to daycare and both go. That way we can be there together and motivate one another. Still frustrating that he is so skinny and I'm so big. We are like Jack Sprat and his fat wife!! :laugh:

But realy thank you for the support!

:heart: Jess
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I agreee with the taco salad...just be sure not to eat the shell too! That's like 300 cals right there! (well, at least that's what i heard...I don't know exactly)
  • nik433
    nik433 Posts: 57
    Options
    I too would vote for the fajitas. Get the chicken, only use veggies and salsa on top. Whole beans (NOT refried) are a great filler too. Pass on rice, chips, cheese, alcohol, etc unless you have extra room in your calories for the day and amazing self control (that which I lack unfortunately) Fajitas will no doubt taste good, fill you up and be better for you! I'd personally stray away from taco salad....I don't remember where but I read that even without the shell most restaurants make them not worthy of the word "salad" 99.9% of the time.....but that's just me. Good luck!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I change my vote...

Get a stacked margarita, don't eat so it will hit you heavier and faster. You won't realize you had nothing to eat, you'll be the life of the party, and come out no more than a few hundred calories after a great night out with friends.

::tada::