Stubborn belly flab

Options
2»

Replies

• runpiggyrun
    Options
    Daily cardio and eating healthy. Situps and core exercises will develop the muscles and make your abs stronger, but as another member said, you have to get rid of the fat on top of the muscle for the abs to show. This will take some time, but keep at it and it WILL eventually happen - eat healthy and strive for 5-6 one hour sessions of cardio every day.

5-6 a day? That's some serious cardio :noway:

That is some cardio. Somehow I doubt most normal people wont have 5-6 hours a day, due to work and kids. I run 3-4 times a week and swim 1 maybe twice if I am lucky but I work long hospital shifts and have 4 children. But Im sure if I had 5-6 hours to train a day I would be very toned, skinny and have a flat belly ;-/
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hula Hoop! :) Get that jiggle trimmed down in no time! I'm actually serious. Pilates will help too - yes, the 6-pack abs don't really show if there's flab on top but if you're doing things that target that area, it will definitely help. Lengthening your torso with pilates and yoga will definitely make a difference to tightening that problem area.

Trampolining is really good at targetting the tummy too.

I do hula hoops Im not that good, but Im going to stick with it, the tummy has to go
  • dawnmichelea
    dawnmichelea Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Have any of you read up on the flat belly diet? I don't follow ANY "diets", (because I just do all things in moderation and balance), but I've read many diet plans and I'll borrow bits and pieces that make sense to me. Flat Belly's MUFA addition to every meal makes sense to me, so I have simply made sure that I have a healthy fat included every time I eat (again, its about balance and moderation), and its worked wonderfully! My stomach is flat as a pancake! :flowerforyou: