ADD STRENGTH TO CARDIO

Options
butterjoy
butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO ADD OR CHANGE MY STRENGTH TRAINING TO THE CARDIO BUT IT WILL NOT LET ME ADD THEM; EVEN AFTER I CHANGE THE NAME / TITLE. I FEEL THAT THE STRENGTH BURNS FAT AND CALORIES TOO. HOW CAN I GET IT ADD IT TO THE CARDIO? :grumble:
THANKS

STRENGTH TRAINING -
REPS WEIGHT
Seated, Low Lat Pull-In, Two-Arm 20 30
FREE MOTION CABLE WIRE TWIST 20 25
Triceps Pull-down 20 30
FREE MOTION BICEP CURL 10 15
Shoulder Press 20 10
Incline Bench Press 20 10

Replies

• butterjoy
    Options
    I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO ADD OR CHANGE MY STRENGTH TRAINING TO THE CARDIO BUT IT WILL NOT LET ME ADD THEM; EVEN AFTER I CHANGE THE NAME / TITLE. I FEEL THAT THE STRENGTH BURNS FAT AND CALORIES TOO. HOW CAN I GET IT ADD IT TO THE CARDIO? :grumble:
    THANKS

STRENGTH TRAINING -
    REPS WEIGHT
    Seated, Low Lat Pull-In, Two-Arm 20 30
    FREE MOTION CABLE WIRE TWIST 20 25
    Triceps Pull-down 20 30
    FREE MOTION BICEP CURL 10 15
    Shoulder Press 20 10
    Incline Bench Press 20 10
  • WileE1
    WileE1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey butterjoy :smile:

There is an entry in the cardio section called "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)" that will account for the calories burned ... I usually enter the details of the exercises in the strength section like you seem to be doing and then use the above entry to get some credit for the calories burned ... I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it's better than nothing ...hope this helps
  • lcn42781
    lcn42781 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    There is a cardio item named "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)" and all you have to do is put in the amount of time you did that. It will calculate the calories just like everything else then.

Hope that helps!!
  • butterjoy
    Options
    I HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY MINUTES I DO THE STRENGTH TRAINING BECAUSE IT IS TIMED BY HOW MANY TIMES I DO THE WORKOUT. I MOVE FROM ONE MACHINE TO ANOTHER ROTATING THE CARDIO AND THE STRENGTH DURING MY WORKOUT. HMMM, NOW HOW CAN I FIGURE THAT OUT?
    THANKS FOR HELPING ME! :smile:
  • luvs2havefun
    Options
    It sounds like what you are doing is more of circuit training which is a combo of strength training and cardio. Your time you would enter is the total time you work out! Hope this helps :happy:
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You know how you can eat a few bites of something that you know you shouldn't and then sometimes you just don't log it and try to pretend it didn't happen? (Liars - I know you do it too :angry: ) Well, sometimes, I do a little extra exercise like strength training and don't log under calorie burning too, it makes me feel better, like "it says I burned 350 cals today, but I know I did better than that" Then I have a little "exercise buffer" - try it, it makes you feel like you know something everyone else doesn't :wink: