OT- Treating Blood Stains

Options
Helawat
Helawat Posts: 605 Member
I have an old blood stain on my mattress that I just discovered and I need to get rid of it. I know to use cold water as hot water cooks the proteins in the blood but that's all I really know.

I hear to use unseasoned meat tenderizer and hydrogen peroxide. I also heard to use Oxy Clean. Can anyone verify these solutions or does anyone have any other remedies?

Replies

• Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I have an old blood stain on my mattress that I just discovered and I need to get rid of it. I know to use cold water as hot water cooks the proteins in the blood but that's all I really know.

I hear to use unseasoned meat tenderizer and hydrogen peroxide. I also heard to use Oxy Clean. Can anyone verify these solutions or does anyone have any other remedies?
  • JJAE53
    JJAE53 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I know that hydrogen peroxide takes out blood stains--I've used it before. Not sure about using the meat tenerizer with it. If you try it, let me know how well it works.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I just got me some Oxy clean and it works great on blood stains. I would send you some but it's a little far:flowerforyou:
  • spexs69
    spexs69 Posts: 4
    Options
    Pour ICE cold water on the stain and then dab at it until it is all gone, is the only method that works for me!