Hey does anybody struggle with the stretching before and aft

200in2011
200in2011 Posts: 18
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I can see why sometimes people see commercials and theyre hesitant...when they say JUST 15 minutes a day or JUST 2 miles.....YOU ALSO have to stretch GOOD before AND after OR youll be very very sorry...believe me..I HAVE BEEN BEFORE.....for me...stretching is tough....Im ready to workout...when im done..Im too hyped up to slow it down..I wanna keep going....HA...Maybe it is just me...does anybody else struggle with the stretching part?

Replies

• KcFitCoach
    KcFitCoach Posts: 135 Member
    I 'warm up' before I go all out on a workout, but I really do my static stretches only after a workout...not before. I injured myself pretty badly stretching before once. I ease my muscles into warm-up and then have a hard workout and then spend a good amount of time stretching after (and NO bouncing). That's what works for me.
  • I hate stretching, it always feel like I'm wasting good time that I can being burning calories. I stretched last night after working out, just because I worked out twice that day and knew I would be doing the same the next... I never know what stretches to do either.. I know it's bad and you should always stretch, but I say why bother! =o)
  • well, so what kind of hard stretching after? I pretty much am only physically capable anymore of doing walks...I actually warm up a little first...walking slowly...stretching my calfs...THEN after..i really never know how long to stretch..i start with slowing down....then calfs ...arms etc......you know...all i can gauge by is PAIN...it HURTS when im streching...so i tend to stretch until pain dissipates...is that correct...do you know?
  • i dont like stretching b4 a workout, i am like u i just want to workout and then when i am done i dont want to do anything else!
This discussion has been closed.