Started Insanity for the first time!

Options
hello! I am 24 years old, 152lbs as of this morning. My husband and I started insanity on Monday and I am loving it! I just have a question for anyone who has done it before or is currently doing it. MFP suggests 1200 calories for me but using the insanity diet plan it suggests 1800, which seems like a lot to me. Before starting insanity we did a complete change of our diet to be more healthy. I was eating 1200 calories and lost 5 lbs. So I'm just wondering what I should do. I don't want to eat too few and go into starvation mode or eat too many and gain

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    MFP recommends 1200 plus your exercise calories. 1200 is not enough cals if you do exercise. If you burn 500 cals during insanity you should eat 1700 (1200+500). You may want to invest in a HRM to calculate calories burned during exercise to ensure you are not eating too little or too much.
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i'm doing insanity too. i've been experimenting with calories from 1200-1600, and i've found that eating 1400 calories/day (before exercise) works for me.

i also eat all of my exercise calories....insanity is an intense workout, so you'll need to eat more to keep your body happy. :)
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    I haven't done insanity yet but on Facebook I'm friends with a few of the Beachbody Coaches that also do the P9OX...they say you burn around 800, so eat those calories! Your body needs them!