What is a good Treadmill Interval workout for beginner?

borichfan
borichfan Posts: 208 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I want to try intervals on treadmill. But i am out of shape and a beginner. What are some good treadmill workouts that is simple to follow?

Replies

• jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Couch to 5k is a great start!!! You can look it up online for more details. I hope this helps :)
  • ChristyDPierce
    ChristyDPierce Posts: 36 Member
    what I personally do is start it around 2.5 to 3.0 on the speed.....i WOULD add the incline, but only do it when you feel comfortable....The incline is better and helps you burn more calories......TAKE IS SLOW your first time.....don't over do it.....i would just keep increasing as you feel comfortable.....don't hop up there and try to take off jogging or running......walk at a good pace :D Good Luck........i did the treadmill today for the first time in like a year......whew :D
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    You can start very easily walking:

Start at 2.0-2.5 mph for your warm up for 10 minutes. Then increase the speed to 3.0 (good walking pace) or 3.5 (brisk walking pace) and do that for 20 minutes. Slow back down to 2.0-2.5 mph for your cool down. You do need to do a warm up and cool down period. If you want more intensity, then vary the incline during your fast walk for more resistance then bring it down for your cool down.

Do what you can, but don't be afraid to push yourself a bit. If you feel like it's too easy, don't be afraid to push up your speed your incline. Keep your heart rate up in the range that is best beneficial to you given your age and weight.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    If you want to eventuallly run, I recommend the Couch to 5K program as well. You can google it. I am doing it now. I am in my second week. So far so good.
This discussion has been closed.