What's the best scale?

Options
I need a new scale. The one I have is completely unreliable. Today I must have stepped on the scale 30 times and got a different weight almost every time with a range of 13 pounds! What do you use? It has to have a weight capacity of at least 310 or so, which is part of the problem.

Any help or suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you!
Susan
www.winningthewaronfat.blogspot.com

Replies

• debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    The best scale is the one that says you weigh less than you did before!! .LOL, sorry couldn't refuse.

Can't be much help with this topic though...sorry.
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    LOL! Thanks debruhf. I need a laugh and a smile today. I would pay big bucks for one that would do that every time. :~)
  • trish14
    Options
    I use my Wii Fit to weigh in.
  • karistrickler
    karistrickler Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have the Thinner scale. It also measures body fat, water and all kinds of stuff! It is very accurate too!
  • mayana2002
    Options
    I on't like digital scales... Every time I step on them they give a new reading... I got the old fashioned one! More reliable
  • simplywriting
    Options
    I have the professional version of this one at Target: http://www.target.com/Health-O-Meter-Weight-Tracking-Scale/dp/B001UC587W/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton

It says capacity 330lbs and it is $40.
    I hope that helps?
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i use the wii balance board as well
  • terim3006
    terim3006 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am not much help on which one to use. But. .. . . once you decide, calibrate it and make sure it is accurate. My scale is old!!!!! Old! My husband loads his own ammuntion. The weight of the bullets must be accurate. So he put several boxes on the scales because he knows how much they weigh. Then adjusted the scales accordingly. Also, very important for morale, don't weigh on different machines. You can't help it at the Dr. office but stay with one scale. Hope it helps! Good luck. You will do fine.
  • shadiel
    shadiel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on my wii fit as well!
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I use my Wii Fit to weigh in.

I've been using mine too...is it accurate? I got on mine today and it told me I've lost one pound since yesterday. I was skeptical to say the least.
  • laurnol
    laurnol Posts: 23
    Options
    In my opinion based upon nothing, I feel that the balanced beam scale, like the ones they used to use (pre digital) in medical offices. If you place it on a hard floor, versus carpeting, you get the best readings. Some even have adjustments to adjust it. I was able to tweak mine I put a10lb bag of flour on it and set it exactly. I also like them because there are several readings between lbs. Sometimes it shows only a quarter or half lb. Loss/gain which may or may not be useful.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I found a digital one by Taylor at Target for $30. It also shows body fat % and body water %. I can see how it gets body fat % from the info that I enter but I don't see how a scale can know how much body water is in me.
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions and help! I really appreciate it!! I have really been wanting to get a wii fit anyway, so maybe that would be a good option.....although, weighing in the family room in front of my kids wouldn't be ideal....hmmmm. I'll have to give it some thought. I would love to have one that told body water%. Then I would know better if I am retaining water when/if I have a weight gain.

Thanks again everyone! It's so nice to have some support and know that I'm not alone on this crazy journey!!

Susan
    www.winningthewaronfat.blogspot.com
  • blackbsm
    blackbsm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I also purchased the Health-o-Meter at my local Wal-Mart for $40, and I haven't had any problems with it. I tested it numerous times, and I will always get the same weight each time.
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a new scale cause mine shows different weigh-in everytime I go on it. It's a digital and I changed the batteries but it still does the same. Was just wondering with which scale did you decide to go with? :smile: And is it working for you?