PLEASE PLEASE READ!

Karleyyy
Karleyyy Posts: 857
edited September 23 in Chit-Chat
I want to make a successful website, and was wondering what type of site you would personally be interested in. My Dad just got laid off and I need you guys to help me out by replying to this.

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    I think people like the social aspect of web-sites. Maybe some sort of recipe/shopping/$ savings ideas for healthy eating. You could do different links with healthy coupons, etc. that would enable you to get paid ads. :)

Maybe some sort of recipe web-site people could chat with each other and share recipes and your site creates a shopping list based on the recipes chosen. :)

Ok there's my two cents. If you make a ton of money, think of me as my husband's been out of work since Nov. and I am a sahm. :(
  • fhtmus.com...if you need more info let me know...I can send you the link to view how to get started...
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    I wish I had a suggestion for you but i am not very creative.

If it helps I like behtvendenberg's suggestions
  • pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Hey

That's a very open question there! I would personally for starters, narrow it down into categories, then, since your wanting to do a website, do some research and find out which topic is most popular / successful. Do you have experience in wed design / copywriting etc? I studied graphic design and now work as a copywriter, and have learnt so much about how google works in terms of ranking pages blah blah.

There is a lota info uot there, ust takes some reading!

Good luck and get in touch if you like
    xx
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    keep the visuals to a minimum, nobody likes a busy website...make sure it isn't to overly stimulating...and not a lot of hot buttons to press...make it easy to navigate and visually pleasing...no background music, people get turned off and just click off your website. make sure to proof read, nothing is worse than spelling mistakes on something that's suppose to look professional...and make sure all your links work.
  • nettip
    nettip Posts: 113 Member
    Hiya , just had a look at your profile, maybe you could do somthing about being a young mom to help those out there that dont get the help and support that we did/do? i was 19 when i lost my first pregnancy and 20 when i had my son and i dont think i would of cooped without the support of other mums from my play and stay group we swapped myspace ids and support was soon all around me my partner and son and evently my daughter! and may be u could include healthy eating ect
  • ashlyp
    ashlyp Posts: 1
    YOU know how people love reading about blogs...

Websites with crafts maybe, like some of the other people have said try narrowing it down
This discussion has been closed.