"normal" video games + exercise?!? = success!

natural320
natural320 Posts: 4
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
while I would not classify myself as a "gamer" by any stretch, I have found that I can combine video games and working out and get the best of both worlds...that being fun and calorie-burning cardio. so if you have a gaming system that you play frequently (or perhaps would like to play a little more), do yourself a favor and pike up a recumbent stationary bike. I am sure you can see where I am going from there.

now whenever I want to play a game (it's like Pavlov's dog) I almost HAVE to ride the bike while playing it. over the course of an hour BOOM! 450+ calories just burned away from having some fun playing a game (I am partial to sports games on PS3). so while the bike might cost you a bit (check CL and sporting goods store sales ads) it is WELL worth it to add the extra (low impact mind you) cardio when you would normally be plopped on the couch.

Replies

• BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    I always thought about getting a bike to sit in front of my computer for when I'm doing boring stuff in World of Warcraft like daily quests and farming : /

I don't really have the room to store it though.
  • it is kinda "in the way" all the time, but since I use it just about every day...I don't mind anymore. plus, the next time someone uses it as a chair will NOT be the first :)
This discussion has been closed.