Looking for support at 55 and menopausal

Options
Looking for some gals in this age bracket that are struggling like I am.

Replies

• lastraw
    lastraw Posts: 32
    Options
    I hear you! At 46 I felt like an old, old lady. Night sweats, insomnia etc. Within weeks of a major diet change and working out at my local gym 6 days a week, I was sleeping thru the night and no longer enduring the night sweats. I lost 62 pounds in 7 months and now at 48 I feel ten years younger and have no problem keeping up with my active family. I just started another fitness challenge at my gym because I want to keep feeling this good. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and have fibromyalgia along with the menopausal syptoms. It ain't fun:explode: So here I am trying to lose weight for um-tenth time. I'm going to do this even if it kills me:sad:
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Ditto!!! I never had a weight prob til menopause - now it's SO HARD to lose and it's all round the middle! I hate it! But now Christmas is finally over (just vaccuumed up the last bits of tinsel today), I'm going into do or die mode! I hate being beaten! :sad:
  • marydlugo
    marydlugo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 55, seems like I have been in menopause for 15 years. :bigsmile:
  • marydlugo
    Options
    Were all gonna do it together......even if the sweat is just a night sweat were gonna count it !:laugh:
  • marydlugo
    Options
    Congrats on your success