Breakfast Ideas

Options
388gigi
388gigi Posts: 485 Member
Hi All,

Does anyone have ideas for quick and easy weekday breakfasts that isn't toast, cereal or yogurt?

Thanks =)

Replies

• misshenn78
    Options
    quaker instant oatmeal is super, super easy - and you can get the healthier ones...and even the reg ones aren't so bad. It's getting me through my first week! :)
  • kay8969
    Options
    I agree prior to starting my HCG diet I would only eat quaker instant oatmeal, I have a box in my desk and a box at home. English Muffins with jam is another quick and healthly breakfast...
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    McDonalds drive-thru? Probably not a good suggestion.

I guess oatmeal is a cereal, but that's still my reply. And a banana (good potassium).
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    This week I made a breakfast casserole.

12 ozs Jimmy Dean Low-fat sausage
    1 cup reduced fat cheese (although I didn't use quite that much)
    1 cup HeartSmart Bisquik
    2 cups lowfat milk
    4 eggs or 1 cup egg subsistute (I used the egg white only kind)

Brown sausage. Spread sauage and cheese in a 9 x 13 casserole. Mix together other ingredients. Pour over sausage and cheese. bake at 400 for 30-35 minutes. Cut into 12 pieces.

I cut mine and put it in individual zippy bags. I reheat 1 piece in the microwave for 1 minute. It is good and filling. With the egg whites, it is 150 calories. I usually have a piece of fruit with it.

This time I sauteed onions and mushrooms with the sausage and added some spinach near the end of the cooking process before putting it all in the baking dish. It is very satisfying.

The recipe came from a site online, but I don't remember which one.
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I guess I should have mentioned that I made this on Sunday afternoon. I'm not a morning person. :)
  • HW2Hottie
    HW2Hottie Posts: 100
    Options
    Raisin Bread is only 90 calories a slice, fruit is always good and Yoplait makes a smoothie that is quick and good. Special K makes some great cereal bars as well. Hope this helps.
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    Maybe a serving of egg-whites with some onion, veggies and a sprinkle of cheese?

An apple with peanut butter?

Ummm ... that's pretty much all I got.
  • rachelalethea
    rachelalethea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    wheat salad pocket\
    1/4 cup egg beaters with a touch of fat free milk scrambled with pepper
    Archer farms Moroccan style hummus
    1/8 c. 2% cheddar cheese

smooth the hummus lightly on the insides of the pita pocket and then fill it with the egg and cheese, it is awesome!!!!!
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    This week I made a breakfast casserole.

12 ozs Jimmy Dean Low-fat sausage
    1 cup reduced fat cheese (although I didn't use quite that much)
    1 cup HeartSmart Bisquik
    2 cups lowfat milk
    4 eggs or 1 cup egg subsistute (I used the egg white only kind)

Brown sausage. Spread sauage and cheese in a 9 x 13 casserole. Mix together other ingredients. Pour over sausage and cheese. bake at 400 for 30-35 minutes. Cut into 12 pieces.

I cut mine and put it in individual zippy bags. I reheat 1 piece in the microwave for 1 minute. It is good and filling. With the egg whites, it is 150 calories. I usually have a piece of fruit with it.

This time I sauteed onions and mushrooms with the sausage and added some spinach near the end of the cooking process before putting it all in the baking dish. It is very satisfying.

The recipe came from a site online, but I don't remember which one.

This sounds YUMMY!!
  • Hipchick0805
    Hipchick0805 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just to name a few that I have......

1) Thomas mini ww bagel with a hard boiled egg and a Orange
    2) Greek Yogrt with fresh fruit & flaxseed or High fiber cereal added to it
    3) Small Corn tortilla with lowfat cheese & Salsa
    4) Peanut butter with an apple and/or toast
  • cjengel
    cjengel Posts: 21
    Options
    My new favorite breakfast is a smoothie. grab your blender in the morning and dump in:

about a half cup of yogurt
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    half a cup (with the lemon juice) milk or orange juice or cold green tea
    1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
    1 tablespoon protein powder (if you have some)
    1 cup frozen berries ( i have four different kinds in my freezer so i always have choices)
    if you have some, I add in green tea matcha powder

it's very healthy, mine comes out to about 315 calories, and soooo delicious! mix it up, experiment, add in whatever you want!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I make a protein pancake at least once a week... so simple and it's great.

Naturegg/Simply Egg Whites - All Whites 100% Liquid Egg Whites,3/4Cup
    Roger's - Poridge Oats W/ Oat Bran, Wheat Bran & Flax Seed, 1/3 cup cooked
    Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
    Spices - Cinnamon, ground, 1 tbsp
    Water-1/8th of a cup

let sit for 5 minutes for oatmeal or poridge to soften.
    put in a pan and cook it like a pancake.

cut into wedges and serve.

calories:230
    Carbs: 27
    Fat: 3
    Protein:27
    Sodium:303
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    Have a sandwhich. Dinner leftovers. Seriously. Why does breakfast have to be limited to one type of food?
  • cbevan
    cbevan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Eggo Nutri-Grain waffles with a little bit of pure maple syrup (if you use real maple, you won't want nearly as much as you would use of Mrs. Butterworth or Aunt Jemima)
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    pancakes are good, tofu scramblers you just get some tofu, or eggs whichever, and just throw a bunch of veggies in there and you can just have it plain, or in a pita
  • jdigjudy
    Options
    Nutella on a tortilla... always on the run, this is fast. Fruit to go with.
  • slp2112
    slp2112 Posts: 107
    Options
    Won't make a whole breakfast, but Vitamuffins are great (and if you get the chocolate chip ones, it's like having dessert in the morning).

My morning meal is always 1/2 c regular plain yogurt, 1/2 c greek yogurt, 1/2 c strawberries (or other berry), 1/2 c Kashi go lean cereal on top, and a Vitamuffin on the side. Sounds like a lot, right? But depending on what kind of yogurt and fruit you use, it'll fall in the 300-320 calorie range, and it's delicious. Oh and just as a note, I eat six times a day, hence the breakfast that's not super calorie dense.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    On Sunday afternoon I make breakfast burritos for the entire week. Every bach is a different recepie. But mostly rotel, eggs, and fajita tortilla's.

When it's game time I zap one, and breakfast is done.

Somedays I also do instant oatmeal...and some mornings I have the previous evenings chicken or pork chop.