Home workouts

2»

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
    Lots of comments based on others' suggestions here. :smile:

I started out using Walk Away the Pounds and the first Biggest Loser dvd. I liked both pretty well, and they are good for beginners. There are a ton more Biggest Loser dvds out now that you could use to rotate and make your own program. Also, WATP has a TON of dvds out there too. I kind of like her 5 Mile one that is not too old. It combines few minutes of jogging in every mile.

I moved onto Turbo Jam. I LOVE anything by Chalene Johnson. In fact, I am now working on a hybrid of her two later programs...Turbo Fire and ChaLean Extreme. Turbo Jam has a learning dvd and always someone who does things lower impact.

While the 30 Day Shred does get some results, I found it to be too repetitive/boring. However, you could always incorporate some of Jillian's other dvds to make your own program or Google search "30 Day Slim Down".

I have Cindy Crawford's Next Challenge workout. It IS a workout, and I am always sore for a few days afterwards. It's cardio and strength combined.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
    I'm also a Turbo Jammer. I'm finishing week 3 tomorrow.
    I did the 30 Day shred before TJ.
    I love TJ, it's so fun, and I need a schedule to follow, which is another reason I love it so much. I feel more accountable having a schedule.

Which did you prefer??? the Turbo Jam or 30 day shred? which kept you more motivated to do?
    I much prefer TJ to 30DS.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    You could try the Slim in 6 Series from beachbody.com. There are 6 DVDs each a different workout with a different focus. They are about 60 minutes each. I love them! :)
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    I love leslie, they are all dvds she even has some older ones on vhs

I just pop in the tape o disc and away I go, all you need is the living room floor, not much space either!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    I would use the money for a workout dvd and buy a Kettlebell. Then just jump on youtube and get some of the basic movements down. There are so many different things you can do with these and are great for cardio as well as preserving lean body mass. I would probably be looking at a 8kg (18lb) or 12kg (26lb) one for a female to start with.
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    I would use the money for a workout dvd and buy a Kettlebell. Then just jump on youtube and get some of the basic movements down. There are so many different things you can do with these and are great for cardio as well as preserving lean body mass. I would probably be looking at a 8kg (18lb) or 12kg (26lb) one for a female to start with.

to START with?? i struggle with 5lb hand weights, no joke!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    thanks again for all the suggestions!! I definately will be looking into a kattlebell!! I bought Jillians 30 day shred and No trouble zones!! I wanted the turbo jam but it was ALOT more expensive LOL
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Google "body weight workouts" and you'll find a ton of great exercises using no equipment or weights. You can accomplish AMAZING things with the weight of your own body and good exercises to follow. Give it a whirl!! :)
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    I own the 30 Day Shred and I love it. I am a stay at home mom with two kids who go to school part time, so on the days I am loaded up with kids, I do the 30 Day Shred. It is really good workout and I only paid $9 for it at Target.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member

to START with?? i struggle with 5lb hand weights, no joke!

Maybe I was a bit optimistic? :P I am a guy and pretty fit I guess and I use a 32kg one for two handed swings but 16kg one for anything that is one arm only. So probably 8kg max. You don't want to outgrow it too quickly though :) (You can get adjustable ones too :))
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    I did 30 Day Shred through December and I liked it. It's short and sweet, which is nice if you're tight on time. The price was also right... $8 or so on Amazon.com.

I did however start ChaLEAN Extreme on Jan. 1st. and I LOVE it! I absolutely love lifting weights though and interval training and these DVD's just zip by for me. I find Chalene so inspiring too. I fit it in during afternoon naptime. :D
This discussion has been closed.