Just enough for one.

Options
LJ0125
LJ0125 Posts: 89
My boyfriend works a different shift than me so I often eat blah foods for dinner. Scrambled eggs and cereal are about it. I've grown tired of it and thought I should figure something out. I'm sure I'm not the first person to make this but as I am eating it right now I must say it is pretty darn tasty....

In a pan I had a filet of tilapia and poured a half of cup of crushed pineapples over top of it. I cooked it all together and it taste yummy. I'm enjoying the sweetness of the pineapples in combination with the fish.

Replies

• piquilter
    piquilter Posts: 119
    Options
    That makes my mouth water!!! :smile: Yum yum yum, thanks for the idea.
  • krasay
    krasay Posts: 23
    Options
    Sounds good, when I get to Stage 2 of my Bariactric diet, that should fit right in with the protein and produce idea, Thanks for the idea.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Watch the Pineapple's, they have a lot of carbs and calories in them. Try topping fish or chicken with some sauteed fresh tomatoes, lemon and spinach. Save the Fruit for dessert but with pineapple you only get 2 rings per serving ( unsweetened)!
    Enter your recipe in the create a recipe and see how you can change it around to get more bang for your buck.
  • LJ0125
    LJ0125 Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and did not know about the recipe builder aspect of it. I just checked it out.
    THANKS!