Newbie & Loving It!

Options
Hello, I'm new to MFP. So far I'm 13 days in and have already lost 6 pounds! My starting weight was 206 with my goal weight being 184lbs. It's been great so far. I've combined the resources here at MFP with two great cookbooks from Prevention Magazine, "Fiber Up, Slim Down" and "400 Calorie Fix". My wife has been an incredible partner with me. We've talked about meals and shopping lists and have made changed here and there that have resulted in great hope in meeting and maintaining my goals. The better food has given me the energy I need to work out vigorously. I hit the gym at least five times a week and with the right food it's been great!

It's been a somewhat long road for me(very relative, I know). Four years ago, I was 38 and totally out of shape. I weighed 222lbs and it hurt to walk up steps. I remember looking at my then five year old son and deciding no matter what I was going to get in shape so I could participate in life with him. In the following two years I was able to get down to 188lbs. In that time I raced mountain bikes, kayaked and hiked.

We had our second child in 2008 after four miscarriages and were thrilled. The long nights and lack of sleep of having an infant contributed to me getting unmotivated to get to the gym and I ballooned back up to 218libs. I was horrified, grieved and felt like a failure.

I looked at both of my sons and remembered my promise to them and myself, "no matter what." So I started the road back down last January 2010. Last year I lost 15lbs but plateaued around September and have been somewhat frustrated with not moving forward.

I found MFP in the Itunes app store on New Years eve and was convinced this may be the tool I've needed. Boy, has it ever! I've been able to break through my plateau without starving myself. Every day I know exactly what I need to do. My only concern is losing too fast but so far it doesn't feel like I'm starving myself. We'll see. Any advice would be appreciated.

It's been great finding the website and hearing your stories, tips and encouragements. This community is highly motivated and motivating. Thanks for your contributions!

Take care and God bless!

-Floyd Grossett

Replies

• Jesseann
    Jesseann Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey Floyd! Congratulations on finding the strength to pick yourself back up and get back on the plan. Good Luck on Your Journey!