Newbie with 100+ lbs to lose

Options
2»

Replies

• JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new today and can identify with many of you. I'm 237 at the moment, which is very annoying as I was 227 before Xmas!! I'm aiming for about 140....so pretty much the the same as the OP! I'm getting on a bit now (nearly an OAP so weightloss is 10 times harder than it used to be..the joints are suffering & I'm borderline Type 2 Diabetic..so I really HAVE to get my act together.
  • joygwen
    joygwen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm relatively new here too. I've been tracking food and exercise for a week today. I lost 3lbs and gained it back in that week. Nice huh? I'm low on motivation today, sorry, but I am in the same boat as you. I need to lose over 100 llbs. I've exercised all but 3 days this year (and actually started that on the 31st.) and other than 2 days this last week I've eaten under my calorie goals so I'm not quite sure what my problem is yet. I'm buckling down on the quality of food I eat and I've been drinking my water sooooo, I'm just going to try to stay consistent this next week and I'm staying off the scale for a week.

I too have been overweight my entire adult life, well, since after having my first kiddo (13 yrs ago when I was 19). I did manage to lose 50 lbs with WW after my second kid, 9 yrs ago but have been over 200 ever since then, slowly creeping up. I've been single for 4.5 yrs now and just finished nursing school. I'm a single mom to 4 kids and I'm busy with them, church, work and eventually school again but if I don't start this now, I don't know if I ever will.

Good luck to you! Hopefully this will be the tool I need to stay motivated and finally succeed at this journey.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'll put my paddle in, as I also have 100+ to lose! Feel free to add me & support each other!!
  • chelsey86
    Options
    I can so relate.. I've always been on the "heavier" side... We're both pretty much the same weight ( 266 ) with the same goal.. I've found it easier if you have encouragement and motivation! You can friend me :)