Hundred a Day (push-ups)

Options
I don't know if anyone else ever thought this was a good idea, but, it seemed like one to me.

I've been doing a hundred a day, since early December (two-days off per-week) and I've noticed an insane amount of strength gain in my chest-and-core workouts.

I typically do about 10-15 at a time and spread it out throughout the day.

Anyone have any alterations to the typical military style push up that works well for toning and strengthening?

Or, anyone else ever done a push-up challenge, and if so, what were your results?

Thanks! :glasses:

Replies

• Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    I tried!
    I used to do sets of 20!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I never did a push up challenge, but I did do a challenge that included 100 pullups, 100 dips, and 100 pushups. Only once a week timing yourself trying to get faster each workout.

It was a killer workout. Made my entire upper body sore. I've never had sore lats until then. It even made my abs sore.
  • bstrength85
    bstrength85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    20 isn't bad! you should take a shot at 100 a day! its such a great workout! and it TONES!

100 DIPS,100 PULLUPS?

whoa. I couldn't even imagine that. I've been cranking away at the gym hardcore since August and have lost around 60lbs and I still can't do more than a few pullups. What is the trick to doing those? Besides losing weight? Or is that "the trick" ha.

thanks!
  • pgp_protector
    Options
    20 isn't bad! you should take a shot at 100 a day! its such a great workout! and it TONES!

100 DIPS,100 PULLUPS?

whoa. I couldn't even imagine that. I've been cranking away at the gym hardcore since August and have lost around 60lbs and I still can't do more than a few pullups. What is the trick to doing those? Besides losing weight? Or is that "the trick" ha.

thanks!

Kipping
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAZaHzd6qAY
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is a big one. I was only about 150lbs at the time. I started out with about with 10 pullups, 20 dips then every set got lower. After finishing up the 100 dips, I switched to pushups to take up my rest period on the pullups. By the time I was done I was down to sets of 3 pullups at a time.