Slim Fast

Options

Replies

• Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking the shakes lately for a quick fix. :)
  • jenjenmichelle
    Options
    I've eaten the snacks before-as an occasional treat. My favorite was the peanut-nutter/chocolate bar (I believe that's the name). It tasted like a Butterfinger candy bar. My only advice with those is to pay attention to the grams of sugar in them. Low-fat/Low-cal doesn't always mean "healthy".
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    =\ it's on offer right now. Not sure whether I should get some to try it out.
    Although, I don't really need it I suppose!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    It is not good for you! Dont waste your money. Does nothing to help you loose weight the HEALTHY way. You should use a great protein power bulk it up to make a meal replacement or try a great meal replacement shake like Shakeology.
    Or just eat a healthy balanced meal plan with good carbs, lean proteins, beans, water, veggies colorful ones ect
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Not a fan of such things. There are too many healthy REAL foods out there to choose from that fuel your body so much better.
  • Simonscat
    Options
    Sorry. i didn't mean to lose weight just by solely relying on it.
    I meant if I was peckish for some chocolate....would one of those bars work?!
  • Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I used them at first for a meal replacement and I was always feeling drained and run down. My doctor told me they are not a good idea. I lose weight faster eating real food that tastes 100 times better. Dont waste your money and tastebuds.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Why buy these overly processed not-really-that-healthy "snacks" where there are plenty of convenient, healthy snacks available like fresh veggies, fruit, nuts, and then things that take a little preparation but not much, like yogurt, hummus w/veggies or crackers...etc. You can even make home-made granola/snack bars without too much trouble if you want something snack-bar like on the go.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options

I'd buy a bar of very dark chocolate (60-90%) and just eat a small piece of that when I have a chocolate craving. It's so rich you don't need much. Higher % dark chocolate is fairly low in sugar and much less processed than those type of snacks are.
  • Simonscat
    Options
    Haa. Okay. I'm not gonna get any.
    I've been looking for snacks...not fruit because fruit never fills me! And thats the truth.
    Was revising in the library. I got hungry. Ate an apple, banana and a pear. I got even hungrier to the point where I was ready to faint!

I think I'll look for some granola bars....
  • Simonscat
    Options

I'd buy a bar of very dark chocolate (60-90%) and just eat a small piece of that when I have a chocolate craving. It's so rich you don't need much. Higher % dark chocolate is fairly low in sugar and much less processed than those type of snacks are.
    If tried dark chocolate. doesn't satisfy the craving i'm afraid.
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have tried the slim fast bars. They're ok but I find that the special K protein bars are much better especially the chocolate peanut butter!!!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Haa. Okay. I'm not gonna get any.
    I've been looking for snacks...not fruit because fruit never fills me! And thats the truth.
    Was revising in the library. I got hungry. Ate an apple, banana and a pear. I got even hungrier to the point where I was ready to faint!

I think I'll look for some granola bars....

Be careful. Most granola bars have way more sugar/processed stuff than you really want, and aren't all that good for you. I recommend Lara bars, which are made of fruit and nuts. They do have a few types with chocolate in them too. They're not super low-cal - 200 to 240/bar, but are much better than most similar products.
  • Simonscat
    Options
    To be fair. I'm only counting calories.
    I'm not counting sugar intake.
  • Simonscat
    Options
    I have tried the slim fast bars. They're ok but I find that the special K protein bars are much better especially the chocolate peanut butter!!!

There's a very limited range in the UK :(
  • DeAsh
    DeAsh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have this for breakfast almost every weekday. I use the powder added to skim milk - I don't like the taste of the stuff in the can. It's quick and easy, and keeps me full longer than cereal or oatmeal. I also need the calcium, because I probably don't get enough otherwise.
  • Simonscat
    Options
    So there are a lot of mixed opinions.
    I might buy a few since they are on offer. And give them a go.
  • vsangel87
    vsangel87 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just eat a whole thing of your favorite chocolate bar! :) It might not necessarily be good or healthy for you but at least you can work those calories off. Besides, they do have calcium, which is very important. So, go for it! Just don't forget to exercise. lol
  • Simonscat
    Options
    Just eat a whole thing of your favorite chocolate bar! :) It might not necessarily be good or healthy for you but at least you can work those calories off. Besides, they do have calcium, which is very important. So, go for it! Just don't forget to exercise. lol

Thank heavens I have signed up for a half marathon ;) gets me motivated!
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Um...I use to do Slim Fast many years ago, but it upset my stomach too much. These days I eat fruit and I buy those 100 calorie snacks for a quick pick-me-up. It's cheaper too.