Protein

Options
I am always going way over my protein for the day, is that really a bad thing?

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    no
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    can be. look it up.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It's probably a really good thing since MFP suggests a REALLY low goal for protein. A good rule of thumb is to try to get about 1g of protein for every 2 lbs of your weight.
  • nilisabel
    Options
    here's a site:

http://diet.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Side_Effects_of_Too_Much_Protein_in_the_Diet, and another: http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=50900

while not the best sites ever, they do say some of the things i learned in nursing school.
  • nilisabel
    Options
    since this is about protein, just wanted to let you all know of a good source of protein i found with only about 100mg of sodium per 3oz of frozen fish. Ocean Market makes frozen fish fillets that you can microwave in 3-4 minutes at about 22g of protein per 3oz serving and about 130calories each fillet, my local albertson's sells each individual serving 10 for $10
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    can be. look it up.

obviously.
  • SweetOrganics
    SweetOrganics Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I tend to lose more weight with more protein. After my baby before I got sick I lost 45 lbs on the zone diet 40:30:30 carbs/protein/fats. So now that I'm in remission I'm back on the zone diet & adjust my goals so that those % would reflect in myfitnesspal diet.
    I also find that I stop craving sugar after about 3 days on the diet.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    It's probably a really good thing since MFP suggests a REALLY low goal for protein. A good rule of thumb is to try to get about 1g of protein for every 2 lbs of your weight.

My MFP has my goal protein at almost 1:1 per pound of weight. That is, once I put in my exercise every day, it goes from 122 to around 190 and my current weight is 213.5.