Gluten Free low cal recipies HELP!!

Options
It is hard enough dieting but the gluten thing is a pain. One gluten free blueberry muffin. 350 calories ekkkkk!

Replies

• shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    *bump* I'd like to know too!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    The key for my son was baking things for him. Lowers the calories and makes it even more healthy! I try to push as many fruits and veggies on him as possible but he is a massive carb man even at 3! Its a constant struggle because I know I don't want to over feed him as he can really pack it away, sometimes he eats more then my husband or myself! I would really suggest some Gluten free cook books! I have some for kids but there are tons out there! The more you can make for yourself the better its going to be and you can control the serving size and ingredients! :o) I've done this diet before many times and we are planning on restarting it this May. :o)
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I was looking at eden organics the other day - they have a lot of recipes and you can search by Gluten Free. I didn't really look at calorie count though but it might be a good place to get FREE recipes!

Also Clean Eating magazines include a lot of low cal recipes and there is a chart in the back with notes about quick, freezable, vegetarian and gluten free. There are 4 desserts in the February issue that are all low cal.
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook is a good one! Are you specifically looking for baked goods? Breakfast items? I recently found Rice Thins by Real Foods. They're really thin rice cakes, only 23 calories a piece, and great for loading up with yummy protein (nut butters, lean meats, cheeses, etc.).
  • xxjessikatxx
    Options
    bump