A little help, please?

Options
just wanted to say hello to everyone and share a little about me.

I've never been open about my weight issues before but this site makes me feel like I finally can. I'm 191 pounds, 5'9, 23 years old and most days I feel like total crap. And I'm sick of it. I'm so tired of eating something unhealthy cuz I'm bored, sad, whatever and then being so mad at myself afterwards that all I want to do is cry. I've done so many diets but never stick with them.
But now my boyfriend and I are trying to motivate each other by doing a weight loss competition with each other with a goal/reward set every month. We just started about 2 weeks ago and I've gained! I just feel like it's impossible for me to ever be happy with my body.

I'm just hoping someone on here can help me with some pointers or inspiring stories or something.

Thank you! And I hope to hear from you guys! :)

Replies

• mrshall2010
    Options
    It's not you girl. Sometimes it happens that we gain before we loose. Just keep your head up and just keep trying. I am sure you will loose soon enough. Me and my fiance are trying to loose weight together too and he also is on this site. I weigh 200lbs and I am 5'4. Im sure you weight and height are closer to you supposed Body Mass Index than I am. Good luck! I will add you as a friend and we can encourage each other :)
  • Teebowen
    Teebowen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
    you will hear me say this often but truly every journey begins with a single step... and today you have taken it....so congratulations! this site is very motivating and inspiring...I have seen thus far nothing but support and re-direction from all involved... everyone is here for the same reason to become healthier and more fit and along the way cheer each other on.... feel free to add me as a friend and Congratulations for taking the 1st step!
  • DeltaH
    DeltaH Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank You! I really appreciate it!! :) according to my BMI, I'm borderline obese. Because of my height it doesnt sound like a lot of weight. But I'm very unhealthy and unhappy about it.... I look forward to talking with you and helping each other along the way! :-)
  • Teebowen
    Teebowen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    sure hope we can encourage each other along the way and pick each other up when we stumble...:) hope your tomorrow is awesome!