Struggling....

Options
Okay - this is not a typical post from me. I know I can get myself on track, but I have to vent a bit to be real about what just happened, clear out this bad energy and move on. So here goes.....

I have had a really bad two week stretch. I pulled a glute muscle, can't run and even walking is a bit tough. But I have been trying. Additionally, I have had just the most hectic two weeks at work (doesn't look to let up too soon). It has been filled with long days full of meetings with crappy food. I actually ate a donut yesterday for the first time in a long time. Felt like hell after that. I have to kick it back in gear! I think the key is what everyone knows and says, forgive myself and start a new day tomorrow. So, I scheduled a massage at 10AM - yeah!

Thankfully I have been holding steady on the weight.

I feel like I am at the confessional!!!! Thanks my friends, for listening - Julie

Replies

• julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Okay - this is not a typical post from me. I know I can get myself on track, but I have to vent a bit to be real about what just happened, clear out this bad energy and move on. So here goes.....

I have had a really bad two week stretch. I pulled a glute muscle, can't run and even walking is a bit tough. But I have been trying. Additionally, I have had just the most hectic two weeks at work (doesn't look to let up too soon). It has been filled with long days full of meetings with crappy food. I actually ate a donut yesterday for the first time in a long time. Felt like hell after that. I have to kick it back in gear! I think the key is what everyone knows and says, forgive myself and start a new day tomorrow. So, I scheduled a massage at 10AM - yeah!

Thankfully I have been holding steady on the weight.

I feel like I am at the confessional!!!! Thanks my friends, for listening - Julie
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    You have the right attitude missy.

Tomorrow is a new day and you will do tons better.

I have been craving donut holes from Dunkin Donuts & chocolate cake so I gave in tonight and had the cake.

It's all gooooood!

Tomorrow is a new day for us my friend.

:flowerforyou: Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • julieofthewolves
    Options
    Thank you!!!! I need the nudge (or kick in the *kitten*).

We don't have a Dunkin Donuts out here, dang it and thank goodness at the same time:laugh:!

You being at 126 is a great inspiration for me!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    This is what your comment did to me ---->:bigsmile: :blushing:
    That is so sweet.
    It's been a while since I've popped one of little suckers in this pie hole.
    I usually get a mango smoothie from there during the summer... very refreshing!:happy:

I never thought that I can be this size.
    I've never been this size!
    Jumped from 105 to 170+ pounds during my 1st pregnancy.

I'm here for you woman!
    I need you here for me too... I may need a kick in the *kitten* once in a while.:tongue:
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Julie,
    Don't give up ( I know you wont). I had a bad week last week also. In addition to not being able to exercise due to the fires here, several of my friends lost their jobs in the mortgage business and that "required" two liquid lunches to ease the pain. Same as you, at least I didnt gain anything. This week much better:happy: - lots of working out and eating much better. Here it is Halloween night and I haven't had even one piece of candy.

You can ( will) get back on track tomorrow!!
    Laura
  • julieofthewolves
    Options
    Joanne - Wow, you have a lot to be proud of! Good for you.

Thanks Laura for the vote of support. Sounds like you had a heck of a time last week too! Glad Halloween didn't get to you.

yep - tomorrow's a new day. Bring it on!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Like with machanical things, I think diets have little gremlins' running around trying to sabotage effort and success. And, setbacks does not a failure make. If that where the case...
    Edison would not have invented the light bulb, The Wright brothers would never have left the ground, Ford would never have invented the auto, and Billy Gates would be just another dude in his garage.
    SO.. you and I would be sitting in the dark, writing letters by hand that would have to be delivered across the country by horse and buggy.
    So expect the little gremlins' of success, they just mean that you are on the right track.
    Heal that leg of yours and keep up the good fight. We are all here for you.
    Diann...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    JOTW,

Sorry to hear about your injury. I did that too a couple weeks back. But I DID gain. Six pounds, and had to lose it all to get back to where I was three weeks ago. But, I did it, I'm growing stronger.

You are sooo entitled to a donut! We all have treats that fall outside the "goal". The key is it isn't two or three times a day like we used to, but once a week or so.

If you injured yourself working out, make sure to stretch for at least five minutes before you workout. I injured my back doing housework. As they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

I really liked diannholland1965's post. I'm great with visuals! Every one helps. Gremlins - ha! :devil:

~cm, fan of 24 :glasses: ....
  • julieofthewolves
    Options
    Great visual with the gremlins, especially on Halloween :happy:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your words of encouragement. Today is a new day and it is beautiful outside. So for my lunch break I am going for a nice, carefully paced walk outside - after I stretch a bit. I am so lucky because my office overlooks one of the most gorgeous Minnesota Lakes and there's a nice trail around it too.

I hope you all have a great day as well! Julie
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Julie,
    Thank you for sharing! You obviously want to succeed because you told on yourself...not easy to do. As for me, Halloween treats have been testing my willpower. I have been succombing to the treat bowl in my office a couple times a day. Thank God Halloween is over because the candy bowl will disappear. I got a 12-pack of sugarless gum and stuck it in my desk for when I have a sweet-tooth. Your stories and comments are an inspiration! Keep up the good work!
    Jenn
  • julieofthewolves
    Options
    Hey Jenn!
    I guess Halloween maybe should become the boot camp for the holidays huh?

This year in my office I mixed some healthy nuts into some of the candy corn and M&M's. I kept the mix in one clear plastic cup so that I knew that was all I could eat over the whole 'event'. It looked thematic for the holiday and I kept it handy for when all the treats came out. I think it helped cut down the amount of bad stuff I ate. And it filled my need for salty and sweet.

Thanks for the kind works:blushing:
  • Najah5150
    Options
    Hi Julie~
    Don't worry about it it girl, you will definitely get back on track. I had LOTS of issues yesterday, all I did was EAT sweets. So sad, I couldn't resist temptation. So today I'm trying to get myself back on track and move forward past it. It was good and fun while it lasted. The only bad thing is that we still have sweets from our party yesterday. I walked right past them this morning when I went in the kitchen to get breakfast. I got up at 3am and worked out for 30 mins this morning...so I know I'm back on track.

Good luck and I have faith in you...I know you can do it,
    Naj:wink:

"No matter what you are wearing, wear it like it was a million dollar outfit custom tailored to your size. It is not what you wear, your weight, or your makeup, but your attitude that will take you places!!! "
  • julieofthewolves
    Options
    Ditto back to you Naj! I have faith in you. Yep, let's put it behind us and move on. Good for you that you got right back in the saddle this morning. Yipppee!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about the injury....it's such a drag when you're chuggin' along to get a setback like that.

Take care of yourself, listen to your body and push...but not too hard. It would be worse to injure yourself more than to take a few days out to rest. Think of it as a break to recharge.

Each day is a new one...don't be too hard on yourself, OK?

:flowerforyou:
  • becca
    becca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, so my confession is a bad one. I strayed from the website for about a month or so now, thinking that i could do it alone. I went on vacation and didnt worry about the cals, but now im back im still trying to find the motivation to get back on track. How do i kick myself up the *kitten*? I lost 18 pounds in 3 months using the site but for some reason that isnt givin me the motivation to get back. I really wanna lose another 10 pounds before xmas. what do you reckon?

Thanks
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Julie - sorry to hear about your recent difficulties. :frown: I think we are all kind of there - maybe the change of seasons? I have faith in you, you will get back into the swing as soon as you are healed! :smile:

Becca - Remember how GOOD it felt to do something GOOD for your self?! :glasses: You can lose the extra 10 if you stick around here!!!
  • serenity1272
    Options
    Julie,
    You are an inspiration to us "starters" :happy:
    I have done the womens boot camp for one week as of tomorrow. We have a 1 min push up drill (I think I can do 20) and then a timed mile....I am going to try to walk/jog most of it....hopefully within 24 minutes....This is after no exercise and HORRIBLE eating for the last, oh I don't know...say 4 years..and 110lbs gained...and it is just knowing that I am going to be able to run with my son, play basketball and actually be able to see my feet ...that keeps me focused?! How cool is that, I get to see my feet again!!!! I am so glad that I googled calories!!! That brought me here and it is awesome...there are some wonderful people here. You Julie are one of them....
    Keep it up and may you be blessed,
    Julie (yep I am a Julie 2)
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Julie ~ I am sorry to hear about your injury. I do hope it is better real soon. I know how it is when you can’t do what you need and want to do. Hang in there and take it easy so you will heal and you can start back doing those things again.

Naj ~ We all have days like that from time to time. It is great that you are having a better day today and are back on track. Just keep on keeping on and you will be at your goal before you know it.

Becca ~ Every time I go on vacation I eat what everybody eats….sometimes plus some lol I always gain about 5 pounds while I am away then I have to take it off again.
    While I was still losing…..when I got back from vacation I would start back with my eating plan and I always have a good loss. I told my doctor about this and he said that the extra eating I did while on vacation helped rev up my metabolism.
    Even if you aren’t ready right now…..DO keep coming here and before you know it you will be back on track and losing again. Hang in there I have faith in you and you will lose the weight you want to.
    We are here for you!
    Loretta :flowerforyou: