I guess I know what you're going to say but I'm going to ask

slieber
slieber Posts: 765 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm not a fan of exercise, although I do a heck of a lot of it. My fitness level is very good. I train in ballet 12 hours a week and do 4-5 hours of cross-training at the gym - weights 1-2 times a week, cardio for each visit. I use the gym to warm up for ballet classes, in fact. My ballet classes range from 1.5-3 hours per day, 5-6 days a week (the number of hours varies - sometimes it's 2 one-hour classes or one 1.5 hour class). They are mostly advanced level classes, pointe, etc.

I'm quite fit. I noticed in the past week, really ONLY in the past week, that my HRM doesn't give me the same number of calories for classes and for gym cardio as it used to. I used to make about 200 cals per 30 minutes of interval work on the elliptical, for instance, and for an hour's ballet class I'd JUST make 300 cals. with up to 450 for an hour of pointe. Now I barely break 300 for an hour of pointe, which usually is pretty intense on the cardio.

Apart from upping the amount of exercise time, which I really don't want to do, and changing up exercise (which I have done with little difference in the calorie count), is there anything else I can do to up that count again? Or am I just TOO fit and will have to suck it up, so to speak, and eat less....?

Thanks for any info. *sigh*
This discussion has been closed.