I'll bet you can do it by summer.
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    35lb for me since September 2010. Go for it :bigsmile:
  • Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Options
    Started in Aug 24th 2009 weighing 273 As of today i weigh 203. Havn't been good the whole time tho :D
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    89 pounds in 7 months.
  • annadilynn
    Options
    I am trying to lose 55 pounds by July 1st...so i am right there with you on that goal...i am gonna try. Eating totally different that i did before i started ...so if nothing else at least i am ending bad eating habits :0)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    July 23 to January 12: 37.2 pounds

I think it's possible, but I've not been here for 8 months yet......
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    You could totally do it. That's only about 1.6 pounds a week rounded up and when you first start you'll probably drop a lot more than that per week until all your water weight is gone and your body starts adjusting to your new routine.

Thanks for figuring out the math haha I was being lazy! Except it is actually 2.5 pounds per week since there are 20 weeks in 8 months. You are right though I think! Sounds totally do-able! Just stick to it. Keep it REAL food no fad CRAP and you are good to go and good for life! :-D

Wait what. 8 months x 4 weeks per month is 32.
    50lbs / 32 weeks = 1.5625

I'm pretty terrible at math but I pretty sure I did that right.

33. You have to add a week because July and December both have 5 weeks.
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    80lbs in about 10months...gained a few back over the holidays...and just joined MFP a couple of weeks ago and got rid of the holiday weight-2:)

Setting a ton of goals doesn't work for me. I just made a commitment to eat less/better and be more active and hopefully the number on the scale would eventually go down.

You can totally do it! Go for it!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is realistic. I lost 35 lbs from 166.4 to 135 in 5 months back in 2008. Then I worked to get the rest off. Then I went through huge crisis and lost quite bit and have gained few back which is ok because I was too thin at 104.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    that is realistic. I lost 35 lbs from 166.4 to 135 in 5 months back in 2008. Then I worked to get the rest off. Then I went through huge crisis and lost quite bit and have gained few back which is ok because I was too thin at 104.

Well done! Now watch that stress! 104 pounds is tiny! LOL!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    It's definitely doable, but keep in mind that healthy weight loss should slow when you get closer to your goal - you may lose the 1st 30 lbs in 2 to 3 months, and then take that same length or longer to lose the last 20 lbs. The less you have to lose, the less your body can support a big deficit without either using muscle for fuel or lowing your metabolism, neither of which you want - so you will want to lower your per week goal as you get closer to your goal.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    It's definitely doable, but keep in mind that healthy weight loss should slow when you get closer to your goal - you may lose the 1st 30 lbs in 2 to 3 months, and then take that same length or longer to lose the last 20 lbs. The less you have to lose, the less your body can support a big deficit without either using muscle for fuel or lowing your metabolism, neither of which you want - so you will want to lower your per week goal as you get closer to your goal.

I agree! It actually wound up taking me about a year and a half to lose 50#. The first 30 came off much quicker than the last 20. Go big with your goals, but set some mini goals along the way. And be prepared to readjust for the curve balls that life just loves to throw us. I'm guessing you probably didn't gain it in 8 months, so even if it takes you a bit longer to lose it, is that so bad?
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I actually did gain it in about 8 months. Hrm....health issues and medication and surgery.

But I'm OK now! :)

You guys are awesome! Thanks for the support!
  • bigp58
    bigp58 Posts: 2
    Options
    Im down 18 pounds in 2 months so its definitely possible. Keep up the good work and stay positive.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!